Starting Line-Up V Hungary - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Line-Up V Hungary

Caledonian Craig

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I think it just shows the dearth of top class strikers we have at the moment. 

If Griffiths plays regularly for Celtic and remains injury free then I think we’ll be OK but if he loses form or fitness we may be pumped. Let’s hope Cummings kicks on and gets a run in the Rangers team or someone else steps up. 

I can’t see McBurnie offering much. He looked like an 11 year old playing for an under 9s team on Friday night. 

Don’t know how much youth football you’ve seen but if an 11 year old was playing for an under 9s team he’d probably score about 10 goals.

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

2-1 or 3-1 wasn’t it?

Steve Archibald scored for us didn’t he?

We could be doing with him tonight.

3-1 and he did indeed.  Would take any of our strikers from that night...

Rough

McGrain

Dawson

Miller

McLeish

Narey

Gemmill (c)

Dalglish

Archibald

Brazil

Weir

(seem to recall the game was at a weekend)

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

3-1 and he did indeed.  Would take any of our strikers from that night...

Rough

McGrain

Dawson

Miller

McLeish

Narey

Gemmill (c)

Dalglish

Archibald

Brazil

Weir

(seem to recall the game was at a weekend)

Some cracking players in that team and we still got pumped. :lol:

If people look at tonight’s line up in 38 years time I wonder how many names they’ll recognise. 

Decent squad. Surprised to see Phillips start he must be dynamite in training. I would expect to see a different keeper and striker in the second half, hopefully McLeish desnt wait until the last 15 mins to make the subs but I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with the strongest team considering the pressure he is under already from the fans.

2 minutes ago, Mee said:

Decent squad. Surprised to see Phillips start he must be dynamite in training. I would expect to see a different keeper and striker in the second half, hopefully McLeish desnt wait until the last 15 mins to make the subs but I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with the strongest team considering the pressure he is under already from the fans.

Wonder how much player manager relationships have on selection. Seemed to be very much the case with Strachan and could already be going that way with McLeish.

Based on past performances Phillips inclusion is a joke. If anything he is a wide man, but definitely not a striker. For his size he is hopeless in the air, and when presented with a chance on the ground has a habit of blazing wildly over the bar. His "movement" when the opposition have possession is pathetic, ambling about merely going through the motions. Griffiths and McBurnie will always work their socks off (in McBurney's case literally!) to pressure opposing defenders. As a prior poster mentioned Phillips must be fantastic in training for Strachan, Mackay and now McLeish to be deploying him as striker. Otherwise, it looks a really good team!

Why is Hendry even in the squad? I've seen Dundee play Rangers with him in the team and he didn't stand out. 

Seen him a couple of times for Celtic and he's been poor. 

If either Bates or McRorie were fit he'd be behind them and Souttar or Berra from Hearts have been better this season. 

Doubt we'll get a result with this team.