Club side - worst ever player - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club side - worst ever player

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/31/2018 at 11:17 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

thought he was really liked by jock wallace (and a lot of the fans)at the time ; he was one of dundees best players at the time ; think he was signed along with iain ferguson(striker)

i recall he was heavily involved in the blood & thunder 3-1 home game v inter milan

I must have present at all his bad games. I was pleased when we bought him but I don't think it worked out for him. I was at the game btw. 3-0 down from the 1st leg but we played superb that night. 

17 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I must have present at all his bad games. I was pleased when we bought him but I don't think it worked out for him. I was at the game btw. 3-0 down from the 1st leg but we played superb that night. 

i recall watching the 3-0 away game live on tv - mccoist missed a sitter (header) right in front of goal as ball came down in front of him

i must admit to being pretty bitter back in those days that we would get an early round game like this live on tv ; ditto celtic v notts forest ; whilst the ecwc dons v porto (away)2nd half only......was only a semi final right enough

On 26/03/2018 at 12:41 PM, hannibal smith said:

So many to choose from, had to whittle it down to 18

GK Eduardas Kurskis

RB - Nerijus Barasa

LB - Rafa Grzelak

CB - Jim Weir

CB - Mo Berthe

RM - Kevin Twaddle

CM - Jamie Hammil

CM - Brian Hamilton

LM - Fitzroy Simpson

FW - Ricardas Beniusis

FW - Jamie Mole

Bench - Fabien Leclerc, Kenny Milne, Arkadiusz Klimek, Gordan Petric, Fraser Wishart, Andy Watson, Peter Enckleman

What about your most expensive signing? The Bosnian guy?  That was a weird one.

2 hours ago, giblet said:

What about your most expensive signing? The Bosnian guy?  That was a weird one.

He was a decent player but didn’t make too many appearances due to injury and then suffering like many from the ‘Vlad Flu’ 

I suppose value for money he was pretty horrendous as was Petric, Goss, Martin, Oshaniwa, Kingston and Obua.

Grzelak in recent years. A truly awful signing. The fact that he came in for the last 10 minutes or so in the 4-0 humping of Celtic to run around in midfield like a headless chicken is just a bit, well, strange. Speaking of headless chickens, Hans Eskilsson is probably the worst ‘big name’ signing I can think of. And we have had plenty.