Club side - worst ever player - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club side - worst ever player

4 hours ago, daviebee said:

Dougie Barron.  Alex Totten brought him to East Fife presumably cos he did not too bad for him at St Johnstone.  Fkin hell he was awful.  Obviously thought he would stroll through the bottom division of Scottish fitba, so every week he'd go Beckenbauering out of defence and every week a striker would nick it from him, bear down on the goalie and stick it away.

His record was twice in the first 20 minutes v Queen's Park when Totten had to hook him before we lynched the erse.  :lol: 

Saints legend and one of my first Muirton memories was at Barron’s testimonial when Souness was playing for the Huns. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, AberdeenAngus said:

Steve Ritchie was always my stock answer for this question until Dan Smith turned up.

Team:

Bossu, McNamara, Jerel Ifil, Dave Bus, Steve Ritchie,  Dan Smith, Ingolfson, Stephen Hughes, Gary MacDonald, Tommy Wright, Leon Mike

Too painful to start adding subs after thinking of a 11.

Do u remember a certain Tom Jones who played for the Dons early 80s, another one I never understood getting a game

1 hour ago, robbo cop said:

Do u remember a certain Tom Jones who played for the Dons early 80s, another one I never understood getting a game

I can understand some mentioning him but definitely been worse. 

He had a cracking game the night Willie Miller scored the only goal at Ibrox and Butcher broke his leg. On that one performance alone I'd exempt him.

On 26 March 2018 at 3:21 PM, robbo cop said:

I remember Steve Ritchie who played for Aberdeen, back in the days when I really followed them, he actually scored in a cup final v Rangers with a mis-hit shot in the late 70s. I am sure some of you will remember it.

Only thing I can remember him doing that stands out:lol:

This with bells on.

There's too many to choose from when we were in D3 (Cribrari, Kyle, Sandaze, Faure, Stella, that Greek fella) so I'm going to base this pre 2012.  Again, there are a plethora to choose from.  Franny Jeffers, James Beattie, Egil Ostenstadt, Dragan Mladanovic, Juan Ortiz, Mervin Cellik, Jerome Rothen, Stalle Stensaas, Darius Adamczuk.  And that Algerian bloke who was Bougherra's mate.  Can't mind his name but you know when the home fans are pishing themselves when someone fucks up rather than giving them pelters that he's not the best player in the world.  I'd struggle to pick out any of them over the other as "worst ever" (and there's bound to be some I've missed).

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

There's too many to choose from when we were in D3 (Cribrari, Kyle, Sandaze, Faure, Stella, that Greek fella) so I'm going to base this pre 2012.  Again, there are a plethora to choose from.  Franny Jeffers, James Beattie, Egil Ostenstadt, Dragan Mladanovic, Juan Ortiz, Mervin Cellik, Jerome Rothen, Stalle Stensaas, Darius Adamczuk.  And that Algerian bloke who was Bougherra's mate.  Can't mind his name but you know when the home fans are pishing themselves when someone fucks up rather than giving them pelters that he's not the best player in the world.  I'd struggle to pick out any of them over the other as "worst ever" (and there's bound to be some I've missed).

Salim Kerkar. 

Kwami Hodouto - utterly useless. Definitely takes pride of place.

Lukas Jutkiewicz - crap when he was with us, made worse by ripping his shirt off & throwing it away when subbed for being crap.

Plus hundreds of others who I must have managed to blot out of my memory down the years. Some things are best forgotten.

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

Alan Maybury

I always remember watching Hearts on TV once and when the camera was on Maybury one of those profile type banners popped up on the screen. Usually they have  some random shite such as age, appearances, nationality etc. On this occassion iit had ‘ Friends with Nicky from Westlife “ :blink:

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I always remember watching Hearts on TV once and when the camera was on Maybury one of those profile type banners popped up on the screen. Usually they have  some random shite such as age, appearances, nationality etc. On this occassion iit had ‘ Friends with Nicky from Westlife “ :blink:

Had "mixed emotions" about playing against hertz, wage thief

16 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Had "mixed emotions" about playing against hertz, wage thief

That was Billy ‘strugglin’ Broon when he was asked about how he felt about Hibs and Hearts both being in the final when he was a pundit on the Hearts semi against Celtic 

The bloke who convinced Souness he was George weahs cousin

When he was just some punter bullshitting and they hadn't tried him just stuck him on in a top level game at Southampton

Subbed on, subbed off again after 10 mins

On 3/28/2018 at 11:55 AM, robbo cop said:

porterfield brought in him and garry hackett ; recall one from weymouth and one from shrewsbury - were bizzare signings at the time ; think peter nicholas showed up not long after tho - 86-87 , mid 80s

altho i never saw him play , i understand ernie winchester was a target of the boo boys in the 60s , am not sure if he really was mince or not ; as some players ; stark & connor come to mind were regularly given a hard time'

cant mind too much about rachid belabed either , if he was any good or not ,but was he not signed to keep zeroualli company ?'

a personal dislike of mine was arild stavrum - he scored a lot of pens but i thought he was rank as a striker

On 29/03/2018 at 2:03 PM, Fairbairn said:

Bit that was a different club though....

15 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

But have you seen that goal he scored for Motherwell? The equaliser in the 6-6 game with Hibs.

https://youtu.be/Haer0M2hYP4

Well now if he'd done that for us instead of wandering around like a half-wit, he'd never have hit the top of the list. The only thing I ever saw move that fast from him was the shirt he threw at the bench (missing by about 3 feet as I remember).

16 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

porterfield brought in him and garry hackett ; recall one from weymouth and one from shrewsbury - were bizzare signings at the time ; think peter nicholas showed up not long after tho - 86-87 , mid 80s

altho i never saw him play , i understand ernie winchester was a target of the boo boys in the 60s , am not sure if he really was mince or not ; as some players ; stark & connor come to mind were regularly given a hard time'

cant mind too much about rachid belabed either , if he was any good or not ,but was he not signed to keep zeroualli company ?'

a personal dislike of mine was arild stavrum - he scored a lot of pens but i thought he was rank as a striker

Yes I remember Gary Hackett, suppose to be a winger, but never took  thefull back on. Always passed the ball to his inside. Thank goodness we had Scanlon and Weir before him....proper wingers.

14 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Close between Gregor Steven or Cammy Fraser.  

thought he was really liked by jock wallace (and a lot of the fans)at the time ; he was one of dundees best players at the time ; think he was signed along with iain ferguson(striker)

i recall he was heavily involved in the blood & thunder 3-1 home game v inter milan