SFA organisation shocking. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA organisation shocking.

Lairdyfaeinverclyde

Just home from the match. Disappointed with the result and performance. However, the worst part of the night was getting in through the turnstiles. I  understand the SFA focused on selling tickets for the East terracing but why the fuck didn't they open more gates, only turnstiles 50-59 open. Large queues outside, some people missed start of the game. For a friendly with a low attendance organisationally it was a shambles. I  usually go in the west terracing, blunder on my part.

It might sound a bit dramatic but someone could of got hurt last night. There was no organisation, seen 1 steward trying to get people in orderly queues, it was a free for all. With so many young kids trying to get in the east terracing it was concerning. Probably a money saving tactic by the SFA. Typical, profit before fans safety.

10 minutes ago, Mee said:

There were loads of stewards there last night standing in the tunnels under the south stand. We were actually talking about what kind of trouble they were expecting.

We arrived at the turnstiles at 7.10pm and got in when the national anthems were finishing. the steward looked really pissed off, understandably.

22 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Just home from the match. Disappointed with the result and performance. However, the worst part of the night was getting in through the turnstiles. I  understand the SFA focused on selling tickets for the East terracing but why the fuck didn't they open more gates, only turnstiles 50-59 open. Large queues outside, some people missed start of the game. For a friendly with a low attendance organisationally it was a shambles. I  usually go in the west terracing, blunder on my part.

The west stand wasn’t any better.

It was ridiculous. The turnstiles they opened for the west stand weren’t even at the bit if the stand that was open. Piss up and brewery springs to mind. 

The simple fact is the game should not have been held at Hampden. 

11 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It was ridiculous. The turnstiles they opened for the west stand weren’t even at the bit if the stand that was open. Piss up and brewery springs to mind. 

Yeh, said the same last night. Nobody will be accountable tho. Shouldn't be surprised with any decisions the SFA make.

Guest allyc

Sat in east stand with literally no one near us for 10 seats in every direction.Was told by lead steward to sit down otherwise we would be thrown out...asked if we wanted to discuss it outside and then saw him repeated telling young boys off for having their feet up on the unoccupied seat in front of them...like they had nothing better to do.

29 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Its to do with cash. The more turnstyles they open the more staff they have to pay. They'll only open all the gates if its a large crowd expected

I think most folk have sussed that but there wasn’t enough turnstiles open. There was no need to open them all but a few more would have been better. 

Anyone know how many fans attended and how many tickets were bought

According to the SFA website the attendance was 20,000+ But not sure if that’s how many were bought or how many through the turnstiles. It’ll be interesting to see with the awarding of home points

Edited by DoonTheSlope

11 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Should not have been played at Hampden?

Where else would 28,000 fans be better situated for a Scotland international then?

Guest allyc

Wasnt 28000 it was 20000.that consisted if a few hundred youth clubs and schools etc.easter road or tynecastle would have been ideal and might have generated some kind of atmosphere...

40 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

Where else would 28,000 fans be better situated for a Scotland international then?

20488, but your point stands.  Hampden is the home of the SFA and the Scotland team, it has the best rated facilities in the country for both the home and away teams to use.

Don't know what went wrong with the turnstiles though. More gates were opened as kick off approached so it's not like they were cutting down on staff.

24 minutes ago, allyc said:

Wasnt 28000 it was 20000.that consisted if a few hundred youth clubs and schools etc.easter road or tynecastle would have been ideal and might have generated some kind of atmosphere...

We played a friendly at Easter Road this time last year and less than 10,000 went to it.

1 hour ago, DizzyVizion said:

There was nowhere near 28,000 there. Official attendance was just over 20,000 which will be the number of tickets sold. I reckon there was about 18,000 there although admittedly it is hard to tell and that is just my opinion. 

The SFA’s policy appears to be to play all qualifiers and glamour friendlies at Hampden but to move friendlies against run of the mill teams round the country (even the Netherlands game wasn’t at Hampden). Why was this one any different? 

Guest allyc
4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

We played a friendly at Easter Road this time last year and less than 10,000 went to it.

We played holland at pittodrie and there was 17000

27 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

20488, but your point stands.  Hampden is the home of the SFA and the Scotland team, it has the best rated facilities in the country for both the home and away teams to use.

Don't know what went wrong with the turnstiles though. More gates were opened as kick off approached so it's not like they were cutting down on staff.

His point may stand in that he is entitled to his opinion but most other friendlies against teams that are not full of superstars (including the Netherlands) are moved round the country.  

What’s the point in playing at a 40% full stadium in a terrible atmosphere when you could have a full house in Edinburgh or Aberdeen? It also gives people from those cities the chance to go to a Scotland match without traveling to Glasgow. 

I have a feeling the SFA predicted a crowd of around 30,000 due to it being McLeish’s first game in charge. Shows how out of touch they are.