Match Thread - Costa Rica - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Costa Rica

Clyde1998

9 hours ago, daviebee said:

Because he failed to qualify for every tournament he was in charge for. I admire your optimism, CC, but this jobs for the boys appointment won't end well. Hope I'm wrong though.

Daviebee the last thing I have left is optimism and I would like to think so have the players. Lose that and it is game over. Negativity does jack sh1t for anybody.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43533744

Calm and composed McKenna

_100561651_scotm.jpg

The imposing Scott McKenna adds to Scotland's left-sided options in central defence

A spectacular season of progress for Scott McKenna continues with the 21-year-old Aberdeen defender confirming his international credentials.

Of the new arrivals on the Scotland scene against Costa Rica, he was the standout performer.

Remarkable, when you think he hadn't played Premiership football until a few months ago.

And McKenna's temperament shone through in the first half at Hampden, staying calm and composed as experienced players around him struggled with the Scotland system.

He got better as the game went on and the team performance improved. His emergence goes down as a big plus for the national team.

Shame he's left-footed - we've got a defence full of those - but we have to be happy that McKenna's here to stay as a Scotland player.

13 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I don’t even know where to begin to tell you what is wrong with that statement. 

I’d love to try something different seeing that instant gratification is not and has not been the way forward since 1998.

What’s your suggestion then?

6 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

I’d love to try something different seeing that instant gratification is not and has not been the way forward since 1998.

I wasn’t referring to your opinion on McLeish’s task which is fair enough. 

It was more your borderline bigotry (in the truest sense of the word) and your calling people mental. 

I wasn’t exactly 100% serious though. 

26 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I wasn’t referring to your opinion on McLeish’s task which is fair enough. 

It was more your borderline bigotry (in the truest sense of the word) and your calling people mental. 

I wasn’t exactly 100% serious though. 

Really? Borderline bigotry?

How so?

7 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

I wanted to try something different too which is why I was, and still am, so pissed off at the SFA's "run down the list of out-of-work ex-Rangers managers" policy which will likely set us back years.

Advertising the job and seeing who was interested would've been a start.

Anyway, did your wee lassie enjoy her night on Friday?  What player did she get paired with?

39 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

Really? Borderline bigotry?

How so?

Your statement that anyone who disagrees with you is mental is the very definition of bigotry. 

I assume you weren’t serious though so I don’t seriously think you’re a bigot. 

Unless you are actually that intolerant of people who don’t share your opinion, then you are. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Your statement that anyone who disagrees with you is mental is the very definition of bigotry. 

I assume you weren’t serious though so I don’t seriously think you’re a bigot. 

Unless you are actually that intolerant of people who don’t share your opinion, then you are. :lol:

I could be wrong but didn’t you use a similar statement recently? Something about others being deluded.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I could be wrong but didn’t you use a similar statement recently? Something about others being deluded.

Probably. I wouldn’t have been being serious though.

Most Scotland fans are deluded. Including myself sometimes. I still think we’re going to qualify every campaign. :lol:

12 minutes ago, fringo said:

According to SSN just now , Armstrong was an unused sub v Costa Rica ?!

2 mins feature on Scotland's game tomorrow night and the above was said.

Really impressive as always by SSN.

Pathetic but hardly surprising. 

They tell you more about foreign teams than they do about Scotland. 

On 24/03/2018 at 11:11 AM, Orraloon said:

What were they doing to bully people?

When I say bullying I describe the actions of people in the stands.

Booing their own players.  Criticising instantly.  Showing no support.  Shouting abuse.  The only time they applaud is when someone "gets stuck in".  Players hear this and their heads go down.  They can't talk back or do anything about it while other fans hear the negativity especially young kids who mimic.

It's prevalent all over Scotland at domestic and international level.  I'm not saying we go all positive high fives American style but the culture of the fan needs to change.

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

But the camera was filming Armstrong. Unbelievable Jeff ! :lol:

One Scottish Premier League player probably looks like any other to the roasters on Sky. 

Even Jim White would probably only recognise Rangers players. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

One Scottish Premier League player probably looks like any other to the roasters on Sky. 

:lol:

Especially the rear end of a former Danish player. :lol:

Edited by fringo

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

I wanted to try something different too which is why I was, and still am, so pissed off at the SFA's "run down the list of out-of-work ex-Rangers managers" policy which will likely set us back years.

Advertising the job and seeing who was interested would've been a start.

Anyway, did your wee lassie enjoy her night on Friday?  What player did she get paired with?

Cheers mate. She had a fantastic time. It was Grant Hanley and he was really great with her. He’s now her favourite player.

The Sky footage shows her having a blether in the tunnel - though she doesn’t remember what they were talking about. We got very lucky with how good the footage of her walking out the tunnel was with her ponytail swishing side to side - she stands out a mile!

The moment she walked out I almost lost it. It was an amazing experience and maybe the proudest moment of my life.

She wants me to take her to the Scottish football museum at Hampden next week. She’s as big a Scotland fan as her old man now. Brilliant!

Edited by DizzyVizion

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

White wouldn’t recognise anyone, like most Scots on Sky he knows nothing outside the epl. When asked anything about Scottish football he opens his mouth and let’s his stomach rumble. 

We really need Scottish football to get away from sky soon.

Edited by vanderark14

13 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

Cheers mate. She had a fantastic time. It was Grant Hanley and he was really great with her. He’s now her favourite player.

The Sky footage shows her having a blether in the tunnel - though she doesn’t remember what they were talking about. We got very lucky with how good the footage of her walking out the tunnel was with her ponytail swishing side to side - she stands out a mile!

The moment she walked out I almost lost it. It was an amazing experience and maybe the proudest moment of my life.

She wants me to take her to the Scottish football museum at Hampden next week. She’s as big a Scotland fan as her old man now. Brilliant!

Superb.  :ok: