Match Thread - Costa Rica - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Costa Rica

Clyde1998

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

You've overrated everyone apart from Robertson :spin:

You really have a hardon for McKenna

I honestly can't think of much he did wrong

In fact, I think in a forward sense he did well......Can't think of any defensive howlers at all

If you're after a bite, I'll hold my hands up Slashy.....

7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

McGregor 6

Hanley 5, Mulgrew 6, Mckenna 6

Paterson 6, McDonald 5, McTominey 4, Ritchie 4, Robertson 7

Cairney 5, McBurnie 6

Thought Armstrong did well when he came on but McGregor was anonymous. 

McGregor laid our best chance of the night on a plate for Ritchie.

Overall though that was utterly fkin honking.

34 minutes ago, Marky said:

Utterly horrendous tonight. In recent campaigns I’ve always thought we were a decent team who just weren’t good enough to qualify. Most games I’ve thought we’ve played some decent stuff. 

Tonight has been awful. Like watching Berti’s friendlies. 

I liked the football we played under strachan and it felt like we were a team who could qualify imo. This game tonight was depressing to watch. We need guys like snodgrass, griffiths and Tierney back. Also how does Fraser not get a game. It's beyond ridiculous that a guy who has been a good performer in the epl over the last couple of years gets no games time.

2 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Apart from being negative they are both woefully inept and Crocker is a condescending prick and an embarrassment of a commentator. Continually dumbfounded that he remains sky’s Premier Scottish commentator 

I've long said sky's treatment and utter ignorance towards Scottish football is a disgrace. As long they have their four OF matches a season they won't give a shit.

You'd be better off with beavis and butthead in the studio instead of commons and Boyd. Crocker is beyond terrible, as is Andy walker.

All of the above have zero knowledge of the game.

At least the BBC commentators show passion for the game, especially Scotland.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It doesn't make them good at football but a bit of passion never hurt any footballer. Even the non jocks in the rugby squad sing it with pride and they're all supposed to be no voters according to the ignorant among our supporters.

It's a pet hate of mine, it gives me the impression they are not proud to be there.

Surprised it's taken you this long to mentioned your beloved rugby lads. National anthems are a lot of shite, they mean nothing in a modern society and are literally terrible old songs about misty eyed guff.

Only the the most dense football fans in the world would believe there is anything to take from players not singing a national anthem. If they didn't want to be there, they'd ask not to be selected and let's be clear, passion and pride don't win football matches, intelligence, technical ability and discipline does.

4 minutes ago, Redz said:

You really have a hardon for McKenna

I honestly can't think of much he did wrong

In fact, I think in a forward sense he did well......Can't think of any defensive howlers at all

If you're after a bite, I'll hold my hands up Slashy.....

Eh? Not at all, I expected better given what I've heard of him. He looks way short of the technique needed at this level. Mind you I'll say again, he wasn't alone. 

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I liked the football we played under strachan and it felt like we were a team who could qualify imo. This game tonight was depressing to watch. We need guys like snodgrass, griffiths and Tierney back. Also how does Fraser not get a game. It's beyond ridiculous that a guy who has been a good performer in the epl over the last couple of years gets no games time.

Fraser and Forrest on the wings with a back 4 would of been better than tonight. 

1 minute ago, Mox said:

Surprised it's taken you this long to mentioned your beloved rugby lads. National anthems are a lot of shite, they mean nothing in a modern society and are literally terrible old songs about misty eyed guff.

Only the the most dense football fans in the world would believe there is anything to take from players not singing a national anthem. If they didn't want to be there, they'd ask not to be selected and let's be clear, passion and pride don't win football matches, intelligence, technical ability and discipline does.

Against my better judgement I opened this post as I have you on ignore. I see My choice to put you on ignore is still 100% justified. You've completely ignored what I've written and replied to what you think I wrote.

Yup, definitely not opening any of your posts again.

I hope McLeish drops the 3 at the back system. I remember the last time Scotland tried to play it - at home to Gibraltar. We were as disjointed as tonight, and lost the opening goal. It was only when Strachan changed it to his normal system did we go on to win comfortably.

I lost count tonight of the number of wasted forward passes played by our wide CBs, who just can't pass! 

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

Eh? Not at all, I expected better given what I've heard of him. He looks way short of the technique needed at this level. Mind you I'll say again, he wasn't alone. 

Apologies, I can't remember you saying that

I thought (In a non bias way) that he was arguably the best of the newbies

Disappointment in McKenna wasn't something I had considered

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

I hope McLeish drops the 3 at the back system. I remember the last time Scotland tried to play it - at home to Gibraltar. We were as disjointed as tonight, and lost the opening goal. It was only when Strachan changed it to his normal system did we go on to win comfortably.

I lost count tonight of the number of wasted forward passes played by our wide CBs, who just can't pass! 

Right that means Tierney cant play then. dont say right back, he's not comfortable there. and he cannot start over robertson.

Just now, Dave78 said:

Three at the back need to be decent players and well drilled.  A long time ago we used it successfully . I see England used it tonight and although they weren't put under much pressure the England back three were all players who are very comfortable with the ball.

14 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Agree on fraser, he should start ahead of Ritchie, I hope he plays on Tuesday. He’s the type of player who gives his all for every minute he’s in the pitch and he has talent too.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Right that means Tierney cant play then. dont say right back, he's not comfortable there. and he cannot start over robertson.

So be it. Forcing a system on a team to suit 1 player isn't worth it.

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

No, that was one centre half and two full backs.

1 minute ago, bigfingers said:

Ecks saying it’s a building process lol. It’s not building process just get the old players back in before you totally fuck things up. 

Come on min, no need to write the team and manager off after one game. We were all desperate for a big start, we didn’t get it but at least give them a chance.