Match Thread - Costa Rica - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Costa Rica

Clyde1998

31 minutes ago, Kirk said:

That in itself is embarrassing, you see every other team belting their anthem out with pride

My God, are we really going down this route? A team can belt out their national anthem with as much gusto as they please, doesn't make them any good at football.

Just now, robbo cop said:

What ?:huh: Up there with you? Now that would be something to be proud of.:P

I'm far from being in the ta elite but I'm not questioning anyone's support of the team........ in case you didn't catch on, I was being sarcastic.

Bad night for mcleish and a bad night for Scotland. None of the new boys shone and on the contrary McKenna and McTominay were awful. It reminded me of the Berti era and sadly I think we are worse off now than back then :blink:

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm far from being in the ta elite but I'm not questioning anyone's support of the team........ in case you didn't catch on, I was being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

That makes 2 of us in case you never caught on either, now let me get back to supporting my country please.:)

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

My God, are we really going down this route? A team can belt out their national anthem with as much gusto as they please, doesn't make them any good at football.

👍🏻

If the game was determined on singing the anthem then Steven Pressley was better than Beckenbauer 

A friendly defeat isn’t a bad thing, but only if there’s things to be positive about. 5 new caps and 1 making his second appearance and they were shiter than shite. Other than possibly Robertson not one of them done themselves any favours whatsoever 

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

How many times is this prick of a commentator gonnae bring up the 1990 game?  We KNOW! Fkin hell...

Thankfully he and the presenter only mentioned it 10-11 times (after having said he wouldn't mention it again a few mins in).

It felt like  a reverse 1966 to annoy Scotland fans.

We won't mention the 1966 event but we'll keep reminding you of 1990.

I'm surprised they didn't shoe horn in Peru and Iran.

10 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

👍🏻

If the game was determined on singing the anthem then Steven Pressley was better than Beckenbauer 

It doesn't make them good at football but a bit of passion never hurt any footballer. Even the non jocks in the rugby squad sing it with pride and they're all supposed to be no voters according to the ignorant among our supporters.

It's a pet hate of mine, it gives me the impression they are not proud to be there.

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

McGregor 6

Hanley 5, Mulgrew 6, Mckenna 6

Paterson 6, McDonald 5, McTominey 4, Ritchie 4, Robertson 7

Cairney 5, McBurnie 6

Thought Armstrong did well when he came on but McGregor was anonymous. 

You've overrated everyone apart from Robertson :spin:

That was nowhere near good enough and a poor first managerial performance to match. All for experimenting and these are the games for it however it should be around what will be the core of the team going forward. This was just a bunch of players thrown together hoping it would click or someone would shine, neither of which happened. As some posters have said it was very reminiscent of the Bertie era. Very disappointing.

1 minute ago, fringo said:

Thankfully he and the presenter only mentioned it 10-11 times (after having said he wouldn't mention it again a few mins in).

It felt like  a reverse 1966 to annoy Scotland fans.

We won't mention the 1966 event but we'll keep reminding you of 1990.

I'm surprised they didn't shoe horn in Peru and Iran.

I watched the Slovenia away game (1-1) last year with my Irish mate. He couldn't believe how negative the commentators were (was the same pair as tonight).

You just don't get the same negativity about their country from the media here in Ireland.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

When was the last friendly where the whole team looked interested?

I don't know I don't keep tabs but they're should be a bit more effort ffs.

13 minutes ago, jamboman said:

Nothing has changed based on tonight... Hanley... Terrible. Ritchie.... Not good enough. Nothing up front without griffiths. Phillips... Less i wont waste my time

I don't actually know why Hanley is getting such a hard time, he's never going to be outstanding but he didn't do too much wrong overall. Certainly wasn't the worst player there. Mcburnie did well with the little he had to work with so don't agree with the Griff comment but yes Phillips is shite.

12 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's about showing a bit of pride for your country, it's not a huge thing but it would be nice to see them show they care.

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

I watched the Slovenia away game (1-1) last year with my Irish mate. He couldn't believe how negative the commentators were (was the same pair as tonight).

You just don't get the same negativity about their country from the media here in Ireland.

Apart from being negative they are both woefully inept and Crocker is a condescending prick and an embarrassment of a commentator. Continually dumbfounded that he remains sky’s Premier Scottish commentator