Cambridge Analytic - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

21 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The warrant to search Cambridge Analytica is been delayed  for over a week, with no apparent explanation.. I can hear the sound of digital shredders from here. Something very dodgy going on here.

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

9 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Indeed, as I said before the whole thing stinks..

8 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

If this was any other ordinary company the polis would have been in there like a shot..funny old world init ?

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah , weird that. Should have broken the doors down.

Least it proves Stewart Lee had the best definition of facebook. A state surveillance agency manned by gullible volunteers.

I'm going to start another thread on it then since we have interest, save this one.

"This is disgraceful. ICO thwarted in attempt to get warrant and seize evidence from Cambridge Analytica. Because - I'm told - judge agreed an extra 24 hours on account of their claim that "legal counsel was unavailable."

Well that's the reasoning just need to find the judge's name.

It beggars belief that the Information Commissioner is STILL asking for a warrant to search Cambridge Analytica - a full four days after she first asked ths judge for one. Today's excuse?: Analytica's lawyer is in another case! These gues sure know how to spin for time!

32 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

Can just imagine the same scenario for a cannabis factory - police informing the chaps that they will get a warrant next week to search the loft. Aprt from Channel 4 news - the media once again complicit in this.

It's a total shit-show. 4 days for a warrant at minimum and folk literally removing pallets of i presume documents out the building, and then a bomb threat clears the area around it as well.

Police responded to reports of a suspicious package at a building in New Oxford Street at 13:26hrs today. Officers attended. The package was assessed. It was deemed not to be suspicious. Police cordons have now been removed. The public are thanked for their cooperation.

I thought the register in glenrothes going missing was terrible...

Edited by phart

I'd also link this to my post about Tories refusing to disclose who paid £500,000 to DUP as part of Brexit campaign. All this stuff about interfering in other countries elections, there's a distinct lack of transparency in our own set up, particularly with allegations of how Tories were targeting voters by using Social Media to bypass candidates spending limits.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The Tories are just denying any links to CA. Saying stuff like "the Conservative Party has never used their services". The compliant media will just go along with it.

That's cause they used SCL which is the parent company. With the media as compliant as you say that's all that is needed, cause the vast majority wont even know about SCL.

The Information commissioner executed the warrant 72 hours after they announced they were going to raid the place. 72 hours notice.

BBC got this on their website now after stories about events in France and USA. I would say from a UK perspective this is a major story but BBC are obsessed with what is going on elsewhere. I don't think it's narrow minded or insular to ask why don't they focus more on some of the things happening here. Trump or gun control or whatever often feels like their "look a squirrel"  policy. Anyhow May' s Special advisor must be on a very shoogly peg