The Pub - Scam - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Pub - Scam

DoonTheSlope

There’s a pub on Vaci Utca called “The Pub” with beautiful women striking up a conversation with you just outside asking if it’s a cheap pub. I never seen it when I was there last year but did the year before, they might have moved to another boozer though

Its already been covered in the general travel area but worth bringing to peoples attention on this section

If you’re an ugly looking wee tumpshy and a beautiful woman asks to go for a drink, think twice. It’s yer coak she’s wanting it’s yer dough 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

I'd heard about this before I visited Budapest a couple of years back.

Was she a glamorous blonde MILF type?

If so, I've met her.

I'm not entirely sure what the scam is, but I knew to be weary of her.

She promptly asked me if I'd buy her a drink, which I refused to do simply because I thought there was a scam coming - plus I saw the expression on the face of the waitress, which indicated, 'don't trust this woman'.

There was a story about waiting on a friend who would be there in 2 hours.

Like I said, I don't know what the scam is, but something didn't seem right.

Ignore her and she'll soon piss off.

38 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I'd heard about this before I visited Budapest a couple of years back.

Was she a glamorous blonde MILF type?

If so, I've met her.

I'm not entirely sure what the scam is, but I knew to be weary of her.

She promptly asked me if I'd buy her a drink, which I refused to do simply because I thought there was a scam coming - plus I saw the expression on the face of the waitress, which indicated, 'don't trust this woman'.

There was a story about waiting on a friend who would be there in 2 hours.

Like I said, I don't know what the scam is, but something didn't seem right.

Ignore her and she'll soon piss off.

Two years ago when I was travelling I was looking for sky sports for the scores and seen this place and The Pub sounds quite British so walked into a wee corridor and and there was a price list, as I was looking two women, one was absolutely gorgeous asked if it was a good pub, I told her it was dear and she asked whether we’d all go in together. I said naw and went to the Irish boozer

Later on I’m walking back along and as I was walking past the same pair tried to stop me again and ask if it’s a good pub, kept on walking. Next day same thing, took a seat and observed for a few minutes and they stopped loads of folk. I was there last year and never seen the place but I never spent that much time down that side 

There’s a few cracking pubs down Nagyemzo Utca, was that where you seen the MILF?

My hostel wasn’t far from there on my travels and would go there going home. There’s an old blonde thing, 45-50, that wears double denims and wanders up and down, I think it was the same wifey there last year too. She’s either a hoor or a pickpocket id imagine. I wouldn’t call her a MILF though tbh

Just keep on walking

Edited by DoonTheSlope