russia poisioning - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

49 minutes ago, phart said:

Even worse Christopher Steele (the guy who created the Trump Dossier) had a guy called Pablo Miller working for him, Pablo originally recruited Skirpal. Looks like the two of them were living in the same town and Miller was working with Steele company Orbis.

Steele ran the Mi6 Russian office and Miller worked in Tallin ostensibly as a diplomat, got outed as Mi6 a few times though over the year, ex-military.

Aye, that's the stuff I read which made me assume (probably wrongly) that Skripal was working for SCL (or related company). It's all getting very complicated.

Craig Murray has gone very quiet, maybe the cyber attacks have silenced him?

And nothing from the OPCW yet. I would have thought they would have some results by now. Maybe Boris should show them how to do it.;)

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, that's the stuff I read which made me assume (probably wrongly) that Skripal was working for SCL (or related company). It's all getting very complicated.

Craig Murray has gone very quiet, maybe the cyber attacks have silenced him?

And nothing from the OPCW yet. I would have thought they would have some results by now. Maybe Boris should show them how to do it.;)

Someone is speculating it was fentanyl.  Also conflicting reports if the DCI affected had actually went to their house (which what we know sounds more likely as the door-handle looks like a culprit) but was changed to first on the scene. Which seems less likely as normally a P.C. would be closest.

18 minutes ago, phart said:

Someone is speculating it was fentanyl.  Also conflicting reports if the DCI affected had actually went to their house (which what we know sounds more likely as the door-handle looks like a culprit) but was changed to first on the scene. Which seems less likely as normally a P.C. would be closest.

if it turns out to be fentanil (which I don't think it will), I would be suspecting a plot to get rid of this Tory government. Maybe Corbyn has got closer links to the commies than I had suspected?;)

As you say, there are now so many conflicting reports that it would seem that a deliberate misinformation campaign is now well under way. It will be difficult for anybody to get to the bottom of this.

2 hours ago, phart said:

Wasn't fentanyl mentioned right at the beginning?

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Wasn't fentanyl mentioned right at the beginning?

It was. But Boris decided that didn't sound very Russian. He would have had to blame the Belgians. And it would be pretty easy to get your hands on some Fentanil.

One of the reasons that don't think it will be Fentanil is that I think there must be some chemical analysis behind the UK government claims. One of the differences between Fentanil and the nerve agents they are talking about, is phosphorous. Fentanil doesn't contain phosphorus . There are dozens of analogues of Fentanil which have similar properties but as far as I am aware none of them contain phosphorus . It's pretty easy to work out if a compound contains phosphorus, and no chemist would miss it.

" Chief executive of Porton Down research laboratory has told Sky News scientists have not been able to prove the Novichok nerve agent used to poison Sergei and Yulia Skripal came from Russia or establish its country of origin"

There we go!!

12 minutes ago, phart said:

" Chief executive of Porton Down research laboratory has told Sky News scientists have not been able to prove the Novichok nerve agent used to poison Sergei and Yulia Skripal came from Russia or establish its country of origin"

There we go!!

Quelle surprise!  Ill not hold my breath waiting for Boris and his pals to apologise.

14 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Quelle surprise!  Ill not hold my breath waiting for Boris and his pals to apologise.

but but, what actually happened is while portadown can't confirm it , May has other avenues that have shown it was Russia or some other pish. Secret Intelligence, maybe they found it in an old Colin Powell briefcase.

1 minute ago, phart said:

but but, what actually happened is while portadown can't confirm it , May has other avenues that have shown it was Russia or some other pish. Secret Intelligence, maybe they found it in an old Colin Powell briefcase.

I'm sure that they're working on that story even as we speak.  Still Boris was quite categorical that a scientist from Porton Down had said it definitely came from Russia

From his interview with DW on 20 March  http://www.dw.com/en/boris-johnson-russias-position-in-skripal-case-is-increasingly-bizarre/a-43043873

DW: You argue that the source of this nerve agent, Novichok, is Russia. How did you manage to find it out so quickly? Does Britain possess samples of it?

BJ: Let me be clear with you … When I look at the evidence, I mean the people from Porton Down, the laboratory …

So they have the samples …

BJ: They do. And they were absolutely categorical and I asked the guy myself, I said, "Are you sure?" And he said there's no doubt. We have very little alternative but to take the action that we have taken.

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm sure that they're working on that story even as we speak.  Still Boris was quite categorical that a scientist from Porton Down had said it definitely came from Russia

From his interview with DW on 20 March  http://www.dw.com/en/boris-johnson-russias-position-in-skripal-case-is-increasingly-bizarre/a-43043873

DW: You argue that the source of this nerve agent, Novichok, is Russia. How did you manage to find it out so quickly? Does Britain possess samples of it?

BJ: Let me be clear with you … When I look at the evidence, I mean the people from Porton Down, the laboratory …

So they have the samples …

BJ: They do. And they were absolutely categorical and I asked the guy myself, I said, "Are you sure?" And he said there's no doubt. We have very little alternative but to take the action that we have taken.

Yeah total lies as expected.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:33 AM, Orraloon said:

Aye, that was Vladimir Uglev.

Here's another Russian chemist with his view. Leonid Rink.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-russia-novichok-creator/soviet-era-scientist-says-he-helped-create-poison-in-uk-spy-attack-row-idUSKBN1GW1E1

I think if I had worked on developing these products, I would be keeping my head down. Not sure what's in it for them to be speaking out now?

well the daughter got better so he was wrong.

19 minutes ago, phart said:

uglev made the claim i believe they would be in "lifeless state" forveer with no antidote.

Unless they did get an antidote? I'm keeping an open mind on that one. Aitkenhead says there is no "known" antidote. It might not be known to him. Uglev implies there is an antidote. Who do you believe?

24 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Unless they did get an antidote? I'm keeping an open mind on that one. Aitkenhead says there is no "known" antidote. It might not be known to him. Uglev implies there is an antidote. Who do you believe?

You not seen the news conference no antidote. according to the scientist. For some reason i n ever saw the aitkenhead part of your post there, till i reloaded the page but no edit. strange days.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

You not seen the news conference no antidote. according to the scientist. For some reason i n ever saw the aitkenhead part of your post there, till i reloaded the page but no edit. strange days.

You must have been reading it before I finished typing. Are you MI6?

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

You must have been reading it before I finished typing. Are you MI6?

Mi5.

The Americans have clarified they were just replacing diplomats who were intelligence assets (i.e. most of them) not reducing the number.

38 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Awfy quiet on the MSM regards the latest developments

Indeed.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Mi5.

The Americans have clarified they were just replacing diplomats who were intelligence assets (i.e. most of them) not reducing the number.

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Awfy quiet on the MSM regards the latest developments

No surprises there.  I'm still waiting for some bold journalist to be camped outside Boris' s pad, anyone from the BBC?