russia poisioning - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Fair play to the coppers, standing there without any protective gear.

So close to that door handle too.

You’d have thought they would all be dressed like spacemen.

J

merlin_136133751_b400cb41-df55-4c99-bdaa

shes a bit fat for chasing criminals

8 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

See when you've read it give us a summary. Being old as fuck I can't read something that long unless it's printed on A4.

It's not that long.

I know I'm a bit sick, but I couldn't help having a wee giggle at the bit about the cat.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The Russians seem to be quite interested in how the French are involved in this investigation. No idea what that is all about.

Cables during the Libya campaign show what total khunts France were. Sarkosy was desperate for the gold and to look good and stop Libyan influence in the former French colonies.. Gaddafi had all these plans to build aquifers all along northern Africa. Had amassed dozens of tonnes of gold and silver and was going to use that to back loans for other African nations to wean them off the predatory world bank. He even secretly bankrolled Sarkosy (something we're only finding out about) for him to win the election. For all this he was sodomized to death with a knife and his country destroyed and now we have a literal slave trade of African Libyans going on.

Came into work and this piece of propaganda had been sent to everyone 

lied missile strikes on Syria – a message from the Head of the Civil Service

4e28eb28-b812-4ddf-b0fc-c01cebcc7a31.jpg

Allied missile strikes on Syria – a message from the Head of the Civil Service

In the early hours of 14 April, the armed forces of the United Kingdom, the United States and France launched a series of co-ordinated strikes on sites in Syria linked with the production and storage of chemical weapons. This was in response to the use of prohibited chemical weapons by the Syrian regime against the civilian population of Douma, whose horrific consequences were widely reported.

I want to thank civil servants in a number of departments, but especially in the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the Ministry of Defence, Department for International Development, Department for Health and Social Care (and Public Health England), Department for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs, and the Cabinet Office, for their work after the attack on Douma and throughout the allied operation. This response was designed to degrade the Syrian regime’s chemical weapons capability and as a deterrent to their future use.

Coming after the nerve agent attack in Salisbury just over a month ago, I also want to take this opportunity to renew my gratitude to the hundreds of public servants - at home and abroad - involved in the response to that attack and the ongoing investigation. Their work was instrumental in ensuring widespread international support for the Government’s position on Russian responsibility for the Salisbury attack and the participation of many nations in the diplomatic sanctions that followed.  
We could wish it was in different circumstances. However, the response to the Salisbury incident and the chemical attack on Douma showed the public service at its best: collaborative, professional and quick to act in the national interest, even under the greatest pressure.

Jeremy Heywood
Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Civil Service

Close

45 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

In the early hours of 14 April, the armed forces of the United Kingdom, the United States and France launched a series of co-ordinated strikes on sites in Syria linked with the production and storage of chemical weapons. This was in response to the use of prohibited chemical weapons by the Syrian regime against the civilian population of Douma, whose horrific consequences were widely reported.

I want to thank civil servants in a number of departments, but especially in the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the Ministry of Defence, Department for International Development, Department for Health and Social Care (and Public Health England), Department for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs, and the Cabinet Office, for their work after the attack on Douma and throughout the allied operation. This response was designed to degrade the Syrian regime’s chemical weapons capability and as a deterrent to their future use.

Coming after the nerve agent attack in Salisbury just over a month ago, I also want to take this opportunity to renew my gratitude to the hundreds of public servants - at home and abroad - involved in the response to that attack and the ongoing investigation. Their work was instrumental in ensuring widespread international support for the Government’s position on Russian responsibility for the Salisbury attack and the participation of many nations in the diplomatic sanctions that followed.  
We could wish it was in different circumstances. However, the response to the Salisbury incident and the chemical attack on Douma showed the public service at its best: collaborative, professional and quick to act in the national interest, even under the greatest pressure.

Jeremy Heywood

Close

Well, that has got to be the longest contribution to the wanky phrase thread. Was it accompanied by a rendition of God Save the Queen? 

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Jeremy Heywood

Close

Was there a memo sent out praising Home Office staff for destroying all the land records for Commonwealth citizens.

Yeah Civil Service wasn't for me. I had a job helping people with their tax returns, specifically online and also small businesses using HMRC own small business app.

The Editor for the Guardian hadn't done his self assessment and it was due next day. So instead of doing what anybody else would do and phone up. He contacted someone in the civil service who then contacted the head of my building (who had left an hour later, i was working backshift with a couple of other folk) who then contacted the head of my department who was still in, and he spoke to my line manager to get me to phone the guy back and do the self assessment for him.

Should have seen their faces when i said "no, he can phone in like everyone else". "you're the ones breaking the rules by giving special treatment to certain tax-payers"

So the manager ended up doing it and pretty much didn't speak to me much after that. Although nobody could really say anything as i was in the right no one should get special treatment, I think they resented the fact i might have fucked up their chance to be brown nosers.

It's mental how many careerists willing to do anything you get in work places.

God knows why i've typed out a page of biography on myself here, ah well it's typed now might as well post.

You should read Peter Hitchens blog on the bombing of Syria and how he is worried about the mainstream media's reporting of it 

Then watch him on This Week with Andrew Neil where Neil, Pritty Patel and Alan Johnston confirm everything he wrote 

He asked them at least 3 times where they were getting their evidence from without reply 

40 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You should read Peter Hitchens blog on the bombing of Syria and how he is worried about the mainstream media's reporting of it 

Then watch him on This Week with Andrew Neil where Neil, Pritty Patel and Alan Johnston confirm everything he wrote 

He asked them at least 3 times where they were getting their evidence from without reply 

Old Brillo Pad lost the plot with him towards the end, haven't seen him so agitated since Jeanne Freeman showed him up in 2014. 

On 4/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, phart said:

Even worse Christopher Steele (the guy who created the Trump Dossier) had a guy called Pablo Miller working for him, Pablo originally recruited Skirpal. Looks like the two of them were living in the same town and Miller was working with Steele company Orbis.

Steele ran the Mi6 Russian office and Miller worked in Tallin ostensibly as a diplomat, got outed as Mi6 a few times though over the year, ex-military.

Oops i guess we weren't to know about Pablo Millar.

Screenshot-440.png

On 4/28/2018 at 3:20 PM, phart said:

Oops i guess we weren't to know about Pablo Millar.

Screenshot-440.png

D Notice is a old term they are now called DSMA (Defence and Security Media Advisory) notices

this is how the UK government goes about controlling the UK press .... almost anything like a indyref could be construed as a DSMA worthy event

48 minutes ago, FuNsTeR said:

D Notice is a old term they are now called DSMA (Defence and Security Media Advisory) notices

this is how the UK government goes about controlling the UK press .... almost anything like a indyref could be construed as a DSMA worthy event

I know. thompson was just using the old term.

I knew the information already as it only covers ostensibly covers the British press. I didn't know they had a DSMA in place though.

At the very beginning of the of the Skripal incident, the security services blocked by D(SMA) notice any media mention of Pablo Miller and told the media not to look at Orbis and the Steele dossier on Trump, acting immediately to get out their message via trusties in the BBC and Guardian. Gordon Corera, “BBC Security Correspondent”, did not name the source who told him to say this, but helpfully illustrated his tweet with a nice picture of MI6 Headquarters

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/04/where-they-tell-you-not-to-look/

Police and intelligence agencies have failed so far to identify the individual or individuals who carried out the nerve agent attack in Salisbury, the UK’s national security adviser has disclosed.

The comments by Sir Mark Sedwill punctured hopes that the police and other security agencies had pinpointed suspects but were withholding the name or names from the public.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/01/no-suspects-yet-in-skripal-nerve-agent-attack-mps-told

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

The 66 year old spy exposed to the deadly nerve agent has been discharged from hospital. They must build them strong in Russia. Unlike their deadly nerve agents which appear to be a bit pish.

A lot of these type of chemical weapons are not necessarily made to kill, but rather to debilitate, for obvious reasons.  Maybe this strain was that type of weapon?