russia poisioning - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just seem  to be a random assortment of nonentities prepared to push  their own pet theories and conclusions without the slightest shred of evidence, tbh I stopped watching after some suit from a company that manufactures protctive gear (who's got contacts apparently!) informed me that.,' only Russia has manufactured Novichoks and it'd be a billion to one possibility that it wasn't them''. Cunt.

2 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

No, I'm a wee bit less than  LD50 (human), you two are off the scale!  No antidote for that apparently :lol:

i don't even know what the LD means - likely to develop maybe?

Lethal Dose. Sorry should have mentioned that.

6 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Just seem  to be a random assortment of nonentities prepared to push  their own pet theories and conclusions without the slightest shred of evidence, tbh I stopped watching after some suit from a company that manufactures protctive gear (who's got contacts apparently!) informed me that.,' only Russia has manufactured Novichoks and it'd be a billion to one possibility that it wasn't them''. Cunt.

To be fair that could go for the last couple of pages in this thread too. :)

No one knows anything really but can still smell shite.

Edited by phart

On 23/03/2018 at 5:22 PM, Orraloon said:

We still don't know if the Russians did it or not, and it appears that Porton Down scientists aren't sure either.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk

Nicky Campbell on BBC just now, 6.45,  interviewing John Mann. Campbell seems to be alleging that Craig Murray is anti Semitic because he linked speculation of non Russian source of poisoning to Israel and Friends of Israel in Labour Party.  

54 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Nicky Campbell on BBC just now, 6.45,  interviewing John Mann. Campbell seems to be alleging that Craig Murray is anti Semitic because he linked speculation of non Russian source of poisoning to Israel and Friends of Israel in Labour Party.  

That's nothing new, he's been labeled anti semitic before. 

It seems to be an accepted tactic with some folk. They try to tell us that anybody who criticises the Israeli state is anti semitic. It's a tactic that seems to be working.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

John Mann is also a grade A arsehole as well, so I wouldn't pay any attention to what he says.

I wasn't paying too much attention to John Mann, it was more what could be considered an attempt to smear an influnential supporter of Scottish independence.  There was some discussion between Campbell and Mann around whether Murray wa s a member of the Labour Party.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I wasn't paying too much attention to John Mann, it was more what could be considered an attempt to smear an influnential supporter of Scottish independence.  There was some discussion between Campbell and Mann around whether Murray wa s a member of the Labour Party.

I doubt it would have had anything at all to do with Scottish Independence.   John Mann is only interested in one thing and that is doing whatever he can to smear Corbyn.

Craig Murray was certainly a member of the SNP in 2014/15 as he attempted to become a candidate for the 2015 UK general election but failed the vetting.

Edited by aaid

1 minute ago, aaid said:

I doubt it would have had anything at all to do with Scottish Independence.   John Mann is only interested in one thing and that is doing whatever he can to smear Corbyn.

Craig Murray was certainly a member of the SNP in 2014/15 as he attempted to become a candidate for the 2015 UK general election but failed the vetting.

The link to Scottish independence was the fact that Craig Murray's name was brought up and introduced into the topic by Nicky Campbell, not John Mann. I just felt that the specific reference was unusual and unnecessary.  Unless of course its Murrays comment son the Russian poisoning that have got someone at the BBC rattled, it felt like Murray's name had been introduced into the debate for a reason.

20 minutes ago, aaid said:

He was speaking at independence events last week according to his blog.

Edited by phart

3 minutes ago, phart said:

He was speaking at independence events last week according to his blog.

Yes, he's a well known supporter.  My point was that not everything is about Scottish Independence.

2 hours ago, phart said:

That depends on who you are ;) I agree though.

I wouldn't disagree.  The conversation between Mann and Campbell was about Corbyn and anti semitism in the Labour Party.  I was and remain suspicious why Murray was dragged into it, particularly as neither Campbell, who introduced Murray into the discussion, or Mann seemed particularly familiar with him.  It felt like an attempt to smear, whether for Murray's support for independence stance or for other opinions in his blog.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I wouldn't disagree.  The conversation between Mann and Campbell was about Corbyn and anti semitism in the Labour Party.  I was and remain suspicious why Murray was dragged into it, particularly as neither Campbell, who introduced Murray into the discussion, or Mann seemed particularly familiar with him.  It felt like an attempt to smear, whether for Murray's support for independence stance or for other opinions in his blog.

It's probably cause Murray mentioned that Israel hadn't signed the nuclear proliferation treaty or OPCW treaties. Which was interpreted as him saying Israel had done it. That meant he was getting heat the weak previously as anti-Semitic. So probably an attempt to associate the two and the charge of Anti-Semiticism. 

On 3/26/2018 at 4:58 PM, aaid said:

he failed vetting?  any reason?