russia poisioning - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Read an article this morning on Yahoo from some news agency about the poisoning. It had an interview with a scientist who was involved in developing the nerve agent allegedly used. He said that there is no antidote, and the father and daughter are "technically" alive, as they are on life support, but as soon as it is swirched off, they will die - no possibilty of recovery.

57 minutes ago, jailender said:

Read an article this morning on Yahoo from some news agency about the poisoning. It had an interview with a scientist who was involved in developing the nerve agent allegedly used. He said that there is no antidote, and the father and daughter are "technically" alive, as they are on life support, but as soon as it is swirched off, they will die - no possibilty of recovery.

Aye, that was Vladimir Uglev.

Here's another Russian chemist with his view. Leonid Rink.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-russia-novichok-creator/soviet-era-scientist-says-he-helped-create-poison-in-uk-spy-attack-row-idUSKBN1GW1E1

I think if I had worked on developing these products, I would be keeping my head down. Not sure what's in it for them to be speaking out now?

Countries all over the world will be working on some crazy nefarious shit. I don't doubt Russian capability. I'm naturally inclined to push back when i feel my reasoning is being railroaded down certain routes.

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The warrant to search Cambridge Analytica is been delayed  for over a week, with no apparent explanation.. I can hear the sound of digital shredders from here. Something very dodgy going on here.

If this was any other ordinary company the polis would have been in there like a shot..funny old world init ?

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The warrant to search Cambridge Analytica is been delayed  for over a week, with no apparent explanation.. I can hear the sound of digital shredders from here. Something very dodgy going on here.

Yeah , weird that. Should have broken the doors down.

Least it proves Stewart Lee had the best definition of facebook. A state surveillance agency manned by gullible volunteers.

I'm going to start another thread on it then since we have interest, save this one.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Yeah , weird that. Should have broken the doors down.

Least it proves Stewart Lee had the best definition of facebook. A state surveillance agency manned by gullible volunteers.

I'm going to start another thread on it then since we have interest, save this one.

Aye, sensible to have another thread, but I can't help thinking that the two things are linked.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, sensible to have another thread, but I can't help thinking that the two things are linked.

In what way? I'm not saying they can't be, they probably are. Just wondering what angle you're thinking?

Russia wasn't going to sit quiet especially since "NATO" is encircling them with a missle defense system, tried for both their Mediterranean ports (Sevastopol-Crimea , Tartus-Syria) plus overthrew their own token proxy in Ukraine.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

In what way? I'm not saying they can't be, they probably are. Just wondering what angle you're thinking?

Russia wasn't going to sit quiet especially since "NATO" is encircling them with a missle defense system, tried for both their Mediterranean ports (Sevastopol-Crimea , Tartus-Syria) plus overthrew their own token proxy in Ukraine.

I'm just thinking that some folk in the" UK establishment" (for want of a better phrase) might have thought it would be a good idea to get as many of the UK public hating  the Russians before this Cambridge Analytica shitstorm gets into the public domain. Folk in high places must have known it was going to happen.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I'm just thinking that some folk in the" UK establishment" (for want of a better phrase) might have thought it would be a good idea to get as many of the UK public hating  the Russians before this Cambridge Analytica shitstorm gets into the public domain. Folk in high places must have known it was going to happen.

You're even more suspicious than me now! You might be right.

So, it would seem that the nerve agent can affect you to different degrees.  The police officer seems, largely, on the mend.  Again, I'm no scientist but my understanding is that tiny particles can cause the same damage done to the ex-spy and his daughter.  The police officer is either very lucky or the whole story is bogus (not implicating the officer btw).

12 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

So, it would seem that the nerve agent can affect you to different degrees.  The police officer seems, largely, on the mend.  Again, I'm no scientist but my understanding is that tiny particles can cause the same damage done to the ex-spy and his daughter.  The police officer is either very lucky or the whole story is bogus (not implicating the officer btw).

I think the officer must have tried some sort of CPR (good one him/her) and got caught up in it. 

I was meant to be going to the Jonathon Pie live show tonight at the pavilion but there was an inferno right next to it today so cancelled. I'm sure he would have had some insight.

1 minute ago, phart said:

I think the officer must have tried some sort of CPR (good one him/her) and got caught up in it. 

I was meant to be going to the Jonathon Pie live show tonight at the pavilion but there was an inferno right next to it today so cancelled. I'm sure he would have had some insight.

As I said, no scientific background.  However, we're led to believe that tiny minute amounts of the nerve agent can cause  catastrophic irreversible damage.  In other words, you come in to contact with it at all and you're gubbed.

2 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

As I said, no scientific background.  However, we're led to believe that tiny minute amounts of the nerve agent can cause  catastrophic irreversible damage.  In other words, you come in to contact with it at all and you're gubbed.

Oh yeah basically 3 grains of sand of it kills 10000 folk or something. Therefore the police officer must have touched the tiniest amount possible. Got you know :)

3 minutes ago, phart said:

Oh yeah basically 3 grains of sand of it kills 10000 folk or something. Therefore the police officer must have touched the tiniest amount possible. Got you know :)

I'm even sceptical about the Russians being in hospital at all.  Not a single eye witness account.  Zilch., which is unusual in these days of everyone gagging for a few minutes of social media fame.  I smell a big dirty rat.

44 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

One of the measures of toxicity is LD50. This the amount of a substance which will kill 50% of an animal population . It's often quoted as LD50 (mice) for obvious reasons. Most chemicals aren't tested on humans so you don't see LD50 (human) quoted very often but they do try to do extrapolations which should be reasonably accurate. The point is that even if the LD50 is very, very low, it is always possible to get a dose lower than the LD50 which could cause harm but does not necessarily kill. From what we have been told, I'm guessing that policeman has been exposed to a good bit less than the LD50 and the Skripals to about the LD50 or a wee bit more. If it was a lot more than the LD50 they would probably be dead by now.

Edited by Orraloon

32 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I'm even sceptical about the Russians being in hospital at all.  Not a single eye witness account.  Zilch., which is unusual in these days of everyone gagging for a few minutes of social media fame.  I smell a big dirty rat.

You're even more cynical than me and phart.:lol: