russia poisioning - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The way it's been handled is a disgrace. I’m glad I saw the comments on this thread, i thought I was going mad. Corbyn is asking for due process and the government and media are black balling him. It’s like a police state with the Salem witch trials thrown in for good measure. Macron has already called May’s actions “fantasy politics” but try finding a reference to it on the BBC.

I think there is to much coincidence and out in the open about this to be at a Governmental level in Russia (ie I do not think this goes all the way up to Putin) but at a much lower level with probably more a ex-foe or someone trying to get in to Putin's good books about it (with it being ex-KGB/FSB bound to make a few enemies along the way).

Right amount of money/influence in that part of the word can get your hands on anything, but the question is how could they get such a substance into the UK undetected?

15 hours ago, kumnio said:

This is probably a bit cynical, but if you spy against your own country, youre kinda asking for this to happen to you. I havent read much about this story, but Im guessing he was paid by the British intelligence services for info, he was happy and willing to take the money, now comes the payback. The people who do this, must know the risks.

thats my take, his "activites" would no doubt have spilt russian blood

what goes around comes around (for him not his daughter obviously)

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

The way it's been handled is a disgrace. I’m glad I saw the comments on this thread, i thought I was going mad. Corbyn is asking for due process and the government and media are black balling him. It’s like a police state with the Salem witch trials thrown in for good measure. Macron has already called May’s actions “fantasy politics” but try finding a reference to it on the BBC.

Do you have a link for the Macron quote?   I'm not calling it into question but just that the BBC News have just said that Macron agrees with May and will be outlining his own actions in the coming days.   So something doesn't add up.

And why on earth has someone attached daffodils to the police line, jeez oh.

BTW, I've been in the pub they were in.

Edited by aaid

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

Do you have a link for the Macron quote?   I'm not calling it into question but just that the BBC News have just said that Macron agrees with May and will be outlining his own actions in the coming days.   So something doesn't add up.

Hope you've washed yer clothes..

16 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Defo makes interesting reading. As someone who is skeptical about what went down with the alexander litvinenko poisoning I was wondering about this too. If you do a deep dive on the public inquiry there is contesting evidence from experts.

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

It was in The Times but they’ve pulled it and done a complete 180. RT unsurprisingly has it though : https://www.rt.com/uk/421355-macron-may-russia-blame/

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

It was in The Times but they’ve pulled it and done a complete 180. RT unsurprisingly has it though : https://www.rt.com/uk/421355-macron-may-russia-blame/

You're telling me that the "Kremlin's propaganda network" actually fact checks their work and is more accurate than the London media as a result. :rolleyes:

BBC still running their main story as allies (France, Germany and USA) condemn attack and blame Russia, despite evidence that the French aren't (currently) blaming Russia for it.

I'd like to see this evidence cause in the alexander litvinenko the same claim was made. However if you go into the evidence you'll see that "A1" evidence states that the Polonium could come from other reactors. They then brought in another physicist who said it while he agrees with A1 and has great respect for her, he thinks it must defo be Russia. The judge then runs with the new physicists interpretation as opposed to the expert witness they are using for everything else.

15 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

BBC new now saying they are taking away the Police officers car in case its contaminated ???

EH? Surely he didn't drive home before becoming seriously ill ? (and if so why has it taken this long ?)

This stinks to hell.

All this stuff is just for show, to show how dangerous the threat is and how serious the government are taking it.

The sad thing is a log of people will be taken in by it.  

Lembit Opik was debating Russia Today with that utter bawbag Alex Massie on Radio Scotland this morning. Opik tore him a new one, although I'm sure Massie and his Massi[v]e ego won't see it that way. 

Massie's argument was that RT is the propaganda arm of the Russian state and Opik and Salmond were being used by appearing on it. At least we have the BBC he was arguing. Until Opik came back to say he was shut down by the BBC when he opposed the Iraq War.

7 minutes ago, Stapes said:

Lembit Opik was debating Russia Today with that utter bawbag Alex Massie on Radio Scotland this morning. Opik tore him a new one, although I'm sure Massie and his Massi[v]e ego won't see it that way. 

Massie's argument was that RT is the propaganda arm of the Russian state and Opik and Salmond were being used by appearing on it. At least we have the BBC he was arguing. Until Opik came back to say he was shut down by the BBC when he opposed the Iraq War.

It's rich to have the BBC complaining about RT being an arm of the Russian state, when it's an arm of the British state itself. But Russia bad, Britain good obviously. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Stapes said:

To be correct, Massie's argument was "Look, I just don't like Alex Salmond, okay"