'Champions' League Night(s) TV - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I believe the rule was officially relaxed last year

I think the English stuck 2 fingers up at them by playing at 7, ten just playing at same time,

What are they going to do? Fine them £20k.

:lol:

I believe you could air a rearranged game (but not a replay as believe an Edinburgh Derby in Scots cupwas victim to this)

Edited by sbcmfc

7 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Perhaps it was anti-competitive, so illegal in most of Europe?   How did they get away with it?

they threatened FA's with fines. The likes of the SFA were scared and toe'd the line.

The english FA, if fined, just paid it.

Dons game tonight isn't even on RedTV because of this CL sh1t.  It really fecks me off that UEFA think they can insist that I watch Man U instead of my own team.  Clearly we are meant to support one of the sum total of 16 teams in Europe? I have an extremely low level of interest in the likes of Man U/Barca/Madrid/PSG et al and I will not be watching any of them instead of my own team nor indeed any other Scottish domestic game.

This must surely be some sort of anti-trust breach?  

30 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Dons game tonight isn't even on RedTV because of this CL sh1t.  It really fecks me off that UEFA think they can insist that I watch Man U instead of my own team.  Clearly we are meant to support one of the sum total of 16 teams in Europe? I have an extremely low level of interest in the likes of Man U/Barca/Madrid/PSG et al and I will not be watching any of them instead of my own team nor indeed any other Scottish domestic game.

I'm obviously wrong, but I thought that replays were excluded?

19 minutes ago, TAMB2 said:

I think it’s rearranged games.

As said, there’s surely some sort of competition law being breached?

Also with them now spreading the knockout rounds over 4 nights, there’s less and less chance of getting a midweek domestic game not competing with CL.

2 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

Before posting my rant, I had to check RedTV live match listings to be certain.  Confirmed that tonight's RedTV offering is Audio only.  As sbmfc says, i think rearranged games are ok, not replays.  It's a bit unclear what the rules are and i wonder if that's actually deliberate to try and ward off any suggestion of anti trust. 

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

When our own don’t give a shit it’s hardly surprising.

11 minutes ago, Redz said:

That's pretty much what I was getting at......

I know.

Walk into any high school in the Central belt and ask them to name half of the Aberdeen team. Then ask them to name the Chelsea, Man City or Man U teams. The difference in the two questions will be clear.

Then in a further 10 years these same guys will be grown men sitting next to each other in the pub telling anyone who can hear them that Scottish fitba’ is shite. 

It’s a huge factor in how we don’t produce players like we used to. The money and interest is spunked on other countries instead of staying in our own.

Edited by Ormond