Kris Boyd - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kris Boyd

robbo cop

2 hours ago, aaid said:

As I said - so what, its a meaningless accolade.

For the upcoming games I'd much rather we went with someone young and upcoming like McBurnie or even Cummings who *might* be good enough in the future rather than someone like Rhodes or Boyd who are yesterday's men.

Kris Boyd i'll give you, he's 34.
It's a bit premature to start writing off 28 year olds as "yesterday's men" tho, no?

I'd be all for Cummings if he'd shown any notable level of goalscoring at any notable level of football.
He's never really scored goals outside the Scottish Championship, and every single team from that league would finish dead last by a long distance in the English Championship, and which you're dismissing Rhodes' scoring record for that league.

If there was another player who had actually shown they were halfway capable then i'd be all for it.
Cumming went to the English Championship.. scored 1 goal in 6 months, bottled it and scampered back to Scotland where he's got more league bookings than league goals. Cumming is a bit of a joke cap imo, he's really done nothing to deserve it.

11 minutes ago, andyD said:

Kris Boyd i'll give you, he's 34.
It's a bit premature to start writing off 28 year olds as "yesterday's men" tho, no?

I'd be all for Cummings if he'd shown any notable level of goalscoring at any notable level of football.
He's never really scored goals outside the Scottish Championship, and every single team from that league would finish dead last by a long distance in the English Championship, and which you're dismissing Rhodes' scoring record for that league.

If there was another player who had actually shown they were halfway capable then i'd be all for it.
Cumming went to the English Championship.. scored 1 goal in 6 months, bottled it and scampered back to Scotland where he's got more league bookings than league goals. Cumming is a bit of a joke cap imo, he's really done nothing to deserve it.

I don't think Cummings has done much to warrant a call up either but he is young and will benefit from the experience.

I see "goal machine" Rhodes hasn't scored this year, that's not exactly form that deserves a call up either - even taking into account his poor previous record for Scotland.

16 hours ago, aaid said:

I don't think Cummings has done much to warrant a call up either but he is young and will benefit from the experience.

I see "goal machine" Rhodes hasn't scored this year, that's not exactly form that deserves a call up either - even taking into account his poor previous record for Scotland.

To be fair to Rhodes, he's being kept out the side at teh moment by Lucas Joao (who has 5 goals, 2 assists in the last 8).
Rhodes has mostly been on the bench of come off it for a cameo. Played barely 4 matches worth of minutes this year if you add them all up.
But given we have zero strikers in the English Premiership currently, taking a guy with 98 Championship goals seems sensible to me.

Whats happening with Jack Aitchison?

He seems to be really highly thought if but as farvas im aware he hasnt had a lookin for Celtic this season - not even on the bench even in the few diddy spfl games when all their strikers were injured and they were playing Sinclair as an emergency forward.

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

He seems to be really highly thought if but as farvas im aware he hasnt had a lookin for Celtic this season - not even on the bench even in the few diddy spfl games when all their strikers were injured and they were playing Sinclair as an emergency forward.

Bit of googling and he seem to be progressing well enough with development squad only just turned 18 so not given up on by a long way.

2 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

He has so much potential.

A loan move for first team football is a must for next season. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Bit of googling and he seem to be progressing well enough with development squad only just turned 18 so not given up on by a long way.

Definitely not giving up - just a bit odd that he hasnt even had a sniff at the first team even when they've been well short in his position.

I'm hoping Rodgers us letting him build himself up physically this season with an eye on next season, but i fear that's blind optimism.

Also hope that if/when he breaks through its as a forward and not converted into a midfielder or the like. Disappointing that Calvin Miller - once rated as a potentially top fwd - has been shunted to left back, and still hasnt really broken thru in that position.

Edited by Rude Gullit

Looking at the squad, current firepower is a concern - ok, these next matches are friendlies but still...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_football_team#Current_squad 

11 caps and 0 goals from the 4 forward players called up. And only 9 goals from the whole squad. Someone like Boyd in the squad would be good for the forwards to mingle with etc. 

10 hours ago, McDange said:

Looking at the squad, current firepower is a concern - ok, these next matches are friendlies but still...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_football_team#Current_squad 

11 caps and 0 goals from the 4 forward players called up. And only 9 goals from the whole squad. Someone like Boyd in the squad would be good for the forwards to mingle with etc. 

mingle ? the guys a bad influence - including slagging off players he deems good enough to be in the squad

and hes out of shape , offers no future , its a friendly we dont need to win , but to try out new players

our sides in the past have been littered with forwards who could score in out own league but do nothing against half decent players

6 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

mingle ? the guys a bad influence - including slagging off players he deems good enough to be in the squad

and hes out of shape , offers no future , its a friendly we dont need to win , but to try out new players

our sides in the past have been littered with forwards who could score in out own league but do nothing against half decent players

Getting Kris Boyd to mingle with the squad, I’ve heard it all now.

:lol: