Still Game - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Still Game carried on from where it left off and lived up to its expected disappointment. It only slightly picked up with about 5 minutes to go. Again they shoehorned Methadone Prick into it

It reached its peak around series 3/series 4. Shouldn't have been brought back

Itll go down the OAE route and get to the stage where people are only watching it to see how bad it is 

I thought its strong point had been featuring characters and situations that were down to earth, often things not normally featuring on TV (e.g. pensioners arguing over biscuits, dreaming of pies or worrying about bars on electric fires). But today's episode seemed to have too much 'hilarious' exaggeration. The scene with the guys fishing for booze had an uncomfortable echo of zany, contrived Last of the Summer Wine.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:08 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Still Game carried on from where it left off and lived up to its expected disappointment. It only slightly picked up with about 5 minutes to go. Again they shoehorned Methadone Prick into it

It reached its peak around series 3/series 4. Shouldn't have been brought back

Itll go down the OAE route and get to the stage where people are only watching it to see how bad it is 

Was Methodone Mick in the first episode?  I watched it and don't remember seeing him!

Last nights episode seemed to be a back of a fag packet plot that was all over the place.

While last weeks episode was nothing special, it was enjoyable and had a few laughs in it, last night just seemed to be a case of making up the numbers for the series ahead.

I guessed Winston would fall down one of the holes with no pants on, as soon as he hung up his pants to dry.

You can see the jokes coming from literally miles away. Even Isa running away as soon as Naveed back is turned. Saw it from that shop scene onwards at my mum's when visiting.

I have no ability to create original scripts but I can't help if i see the set ups. For all we know I could be the greatest deductive/Inductive reasoner since Sherlock Holmes, so it might not even be that predictable. :D

22 minutes ago, phart said:

I have no ability to create original scripts but I can't help if i see the set ups. For all we know I could be the greatest deductive/Inductive reasoner since Sherlock Holmes, so it might not even be that predictable. :D

Elementary phartson

Thought last nights one was the best of the series, but again, a very weak plot that was seriously padded out with side gags to get it past the 20 minute mark.

Really hard for a Scottish Comedy show to do something football related and fall into OaE/Athletico Partick territory, but they did not seem to fall into the same hole of obvious gags.

The best episode so far this series. There was a couple of decent one liners like where Victor can’t open the lemsip and says “come oan ya lemon bastirt yae” which is the sort of real thing people would say and toiling with a hangover, it was straight from the first 3 or 4 series like “two pieces and shite”

The bit where Isa dived across the bar was funny and the undertaker talking about the boy who shat himself to death was hilarious 

They still shouldn’t have brought it back though. It’s went the same way as Rab C and Only Fools and Horses

On 3/23/2018 at 5:19 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

i thought the isa goalie jump was contrived.  Think it was funnier when it was about auld timers trying to get by and every day tales.  

Generally, this. I felt getting the whole mob involved including Isa just seemed contrived. Too unreal/zany, too Last of the Summer Wine

I think the criticism is fair comment if it's getting at why something taken a turn for the worse - not just saying it's crap.

I though funniest bit was when the young lad puts on the dog head and it looks like him. (That of itself says something...)