Squad and new players - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad and new players

Scout

18 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Well let's no' go THAT far!  :lol: 

Armstrong as captain for me, otherwise Robertson.

Armstrong isn't even guaranteed to start let alone be captain.

9 hours ago, DOUBLE A said:

Tierney missing Celtic game today and probably Scotland games according to the Sun 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43451876

Definitely out of the squad, while Dylan McGeouch is to be assessed by the SFA medical team. Article seems to suggest that no replacement will be called up for Tierney.

25 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43451876

Definitely out of the squad, while Dylan McGeouch is to be assessed by the SFA medical team. Article seems to suggest that no replacement will be called up for Tierney.

Pity as it did appear McLeish had plans on how to use him.

Chances are he and other Celtic players won’t be in the squad for the June friendlies.

1 minute ago, spud1982 said:

I hope he plans to give Cairney a big part in both games,and think he's a good shout for captain too, with Tierney out.

Was going to say that as well, experienced  captain playing in middle of park only thing lacking is international experience.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gave it to McTominay though, which would be a serious declaration of things to come.

4 hours ago, daviebee said:

Well let's no' go THAT far!  :lol: 

Armstrong as captain for me, otherwise Robertson.

Yeah, Armstrong would be great too.

My daughter will be a player mascot at this match (proud dad right here).

I got a call from the SFA a couple of weeks ago asking if I'd received their email, which I hadn't as I'd changed my email recently.

If Robertson could be captain and my daughter paired with him that would be something else.

Whatever happens though, it will be one of the proudest moments of my life!

44 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

Yeah, Armstrong would be great too.

My daughter will be a player mascot at this match (proud dad right here).

I got a call from the SFA a couple of weeks ago asking if I'd received their email, which I hadn't as I'd changed my email recently.

If Robertson could be captain and my daughter paired with him that would be something else.

Whatever happens though, it will be one of the proudest moments of my life!

Good for you. Enjoy!  :ok:

5 hours ago, wanderer said:

Jack hendry called up, with Russel Martin also out.

Surely souttar and Lindsay would be more deserving. No wonder players jump at the chance of the old firm. Guys played three games for Celtic in which he's not been on the winning side once and now he's suddenly in the Scotland squad.

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Surely souttar and Lindsay would be more deserving. No wonder players jump at the chance of the old firm. Guys played three games for Celtic in which he's not been on the winning side once and now he's suddenly in the Scotland squad.

I trust McLeish’s judgement when it comes to centre halves. Plus this seems to be a replacement for the right footed Martin, so Lindsay not a contender.

10 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Souttar is in U21 squad just now, so I imagine it will be a case come May/June to swap him and McKenna around with the squads, and take Souttar to South America with the main team (while McKenna goes to the Toulon Tournament).

10 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hendry also played about 25-30 games for Dundee before his January move this season didn’t he!? 

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, wanderer said:

Given Rangers form since Christmas, its pretty hard not to over look some of their players (especially Murphy!)

Their form since Christmas is nowhere near as good as Killie or Hibs.

They are marginally less sh1te than they were.

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Their form since Christmas is nowhere near as good as Killie or Hibs.

They are marginally less sh1te than they were.

Hibs have seen some of their players called up, and agree on Killie's form, but do we really need to call up 34 year old Kris Boyd for the first time in 7 years when we should be looking to the future? Taylor and Wilson are in the U21's so fair enough, but would have liked to have seen Eamonn Brophy maybe thought about (because Boyd is scoring, he is somewhat being over shadowed).

Can not really think of anyone else that could be called up (as I said previously, Murphy is in there on some good form, but I am not convinced on Cummings)