McBurnie - Lindsay Barnsley 

Gallagher Birmingham 

Soutter Hearts 

McKenna Aberdeen 

Douglas Wolves 

All added to the squad 

New players - players that want it 

Time for change 

I doubt there will be major changes from the last couple of squads (suspect half a dozen fresh/new faces) with maybe the option of those who are still eligible for the U21's only called up for 1 game before joining up with/from the U21 squad.

I wouldn't call up too many from the under 21s as they do have a competitive match to play. 

Some new CBs would be a good start but I don't think we need wholesale changes as our results were decent last year. Take the positives of last year and look to improve on the weaknesses.

Might be nothing, but Harvey Barnes (Leicester City) has just started following the SFA on twitter (he certainly was not last night when I was trying to find out who he was and if there was any truth that he was linked with a call up).

32 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Might be nothing, but Harvey Barnes (Leicester City) has just started following the SFA on twitter (he certainly was not last night when I was trying to find out who he was and if there was any truth that he was linked with a call up).

Probably been on Google Maps as well trying to find where Scotland is.

Based on his performance tonight McBurnie shouldn’t be within 100 miles of any Scotland match. Not seen much of him this season but tonight he was dire. Easily the worst player in a poor side struggling just above the Championship drop zone.  Ran about like a headless chicken all night and his touch and his passing were woeful.

Lindsay was anonymous at best.

No thanks to either of them.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

That’s maybe the most anorak type statement I’ve ever seen on here! 😂

44 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Based on his performance tonight McBurnie shouldn’t be within 100 miles of any Scotland match. Not seen much of him this season but tonight he was dire. Easily the worst player in a poor side struggling just above the Championship drop zone.  Ran about like a headless chicken all night and his touch and his passing were woeful.

So who would you rather try out as a striker?

Edited by Rude Gullit

7 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Tbf mcburnie has scored 5 in 5 starts so he must be doing something right even if it's just putting the ball in the net. Some of goals have been varied so he can obviously score different types of goals. Considering we have very little options outwith griffiths and the fact mcburnies only 21 with potential to get better then surely he isn't too bad an addition to the squad. This is Scotland we are talking about after all.

8 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Striker score 5 in 5 then has an off day so you write him off? That's some bizarre way of thinking

Ryan Fraser has played a decent amount of games in the EPL this season, surely worth a starting place now.

Liam Lindsay has had rave reviews from down south, got to be in the squad.

Tom Cairney has been one of the best players in the championship this season, I would be starting him in games aswell.

47 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Just curious as to why Cummings is never mentioned, even as an outsider.

He’s a cert to be in the squad;

Griffiths (if fit), McBurnie, Cummings & (not everyone’s cup of tea but Gallagher) as likely strikers. 

11 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Stats based ratings I check had McBurnie as best Barnsley player on park solid enough performance by Lyndsey too 

see what you want to see I guess

My own squad would likely be: 

Allan McGregor, David Marshall, Jon McLaughlin;

Callum Paterson, Kieran Tierney, Andy Robertson, Christophe Berra, Scott McKenna, John Souttar, Charlie Mulgrew, Liam Lindsay;

John McGinn, Scott McTominay, James McArthur, Ryan Fraser, James Forrest, Tom Cairney, Callum McGregor, Stuart Armstrong (if he can get back to fitness), Robert Snodgrass;

Leigh Griffiths, Oliver McBurnie, Jason Cummings.

Standby players would be: Greg Docherty, Matt Phillips, Chris Martin, Grant Hanley, Jordan Archer, Matt Ritchie, James Morrison.

If Darren Fletcher doesn't make it playing wise, would like to see him in and around the squad as a coach.