Deid hamster ... or in torpor - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Deid hamster ... or in torpor

6 hours ago, Stapes said:

Lying it on a hit water bottle now. Completely motionless. Not looking good. I think if my son had woken me last night we could have done something. But he wasn't to know. :-(

Its pretty sad when a wee pet dies, we had 2 guinea pigs and , unknown to my husband and I , one of them was getting most of the food. We didnt realise till it was too late , our daughter mainly fed them, they were her pets. 

I remember going to work one day and my husband had it in his hand , trying to feed it water through a wee syringe. It died not long after.  I was actually crying when I got the ‘death call’ at work. I felt we had killed it. 

We got another guinea pig to replace it as they prefer to be in pairs. This one wasnt taking any bullsit from the greedy bassa who ate all the food , they fought for days but eventually became friends. Fat friends infact.

Hamsters are much better pets though. Guinea pigs are as smelly as fook. We had a few hamsters,  they usually last longer than 2 months  so dont be put off. 

52 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The most environmentally friendly way to dispose of it is to :

1. Add sugar
  2. Boil for 30 minutes
  3. Let it cool.
  4. Feed it to the tulips.

Then you play that famous Max Bygraves song at the funeral ceremony.

Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer
katzenellenbogen
by the sea..?

12 hours ago, bonzo said:

Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer
katzenellenbogen
by the sea..?

I'm guessing that you were singing along as you typed that.:lol:

I can't get Tulips from Hamsterjam out of my head.

Edited by Orraloon

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I'm guessing that you were singing along as you typed that.:lol:

I can't get Tulips from Hamsterjam out of my head.

I had to Google to get the spelling right haha. 

Why would u ask on the TAMB about a looking after a hamster,  I’ve seen what happens at away games some don’t know how to look after themselves is there no vets anymore