McTominay starting again. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

McTominay starting again.

Lairdyfaeinverclyde

1 minute ago, bigfingers said:

Mctominay has been top class today in a high intensity game. 

I was really impressed by him. Very intelligent play, made good decisions, keeps it simple. Athletic and seems to always be in the right place. Mane did him for pace for the cross and own goal but he does that to every full back in the league. He's a great addition to our squad.

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I was really impressed by him. Very intelligent play, made good decisions, keeps it simple. Athletic and seems to always be in the right place. Mane did him for pace for the cross and own goal but he does that to every full back in the league. He's a great addition to our squad.

Aye hugely impressed

Performance s like that for us please

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I was impressed as well, his reading of the game is good and passing is decent. He is big strong and athletic which is needed in the epl these days.

8 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Has a Darren Fletcher air about him.

Mourinho stressed. "I'm upset with a reaction they had with Scott McTominay, that a kid with 21 years old was making all the right decisions and they want him to make the wrong decisions.

"So when the kid decides to break the intensity of the game, not to lose the ball, keep possession and plays a back pass and gives us a solution, it was a wonderful solution that many, many top players don't do it, the kid does it and the fans react against the kid.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:03 AM, Clyde1998 said:

Aye - suggesting that you can only play for Scotland if you were in Scotland is idiotic and doesn't take into account how complex nationality can be, especially if you've got a number of realistic options for playing international football and you feel equally English and Scottish (say). Shaun Maloney was born in Malaysia, but no-one would doubt that he's Scottish - although I recognise that there will be the odd player that only plays for a national team that isn't their first preference to try and increase their value.

The fact that McTominay been in youth training camps for Scotland suggests that he was always leaning towards Scotland anyway, in my mind. The only people who were really talking about him as a potential England player was the English media.

Charlie Nick is an ignorant fool, just like every other scotsman on Sky. Completely clueless about anything out with the EPL. 

22 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Man United ‘home’ fans aren’t real fans though. Stadium is full of half and half scarfed twats looking to be entertained. Roy Keane was right about them all those years ago. 

Ill take Mourinho’s opinion of McTominay any day 👍🏼

On 10/03/2018 at 11:30 AM, ceudmilefailte said:

Take it you don't have a 16 yes old son mine can't decide which is better the Xbox or the PlayStation 

If he thinks its Xbox you should just make him leave home

Darrick being hugely complimentary of McTominay today, says he’s not looking for glamour, a ver6 grounded bloke and hardworking.

peter grant also very complimentary of him.

this lad has to start the next game. It’s not even up for debate

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope he does well for us and becomes a first name on the team sheet player. Not least because he has a four syllable  surname which lends itself readily to songs about him.

eg: to Robbie Williams song, Millennium

There's a star (or Scott) directing our play, McTominay, ay, ay

Yellow Submarine

We all love Scott McTominay, Scott McTominay, Scott McTominay

Even Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah

Scott McTominay, Scott McTominay, Scott McTominaY

Scott McTo-o-o-o-ominay

This post from a man who , on another, earlier post was urging us all not to overburden a young man with too much expectation. We Do need some new songs but mebbe a wee bit early for the above!!

Dinnae really see what the fuss is about yet. No doubting he strolled that game but he was barely ever under any pressure. Biggest concern for me is the lack of intensity and drive. Fair enough he plays in a holding role but he can forget being able to stroll through a Scotland game like that. Be under much more pressure and be expected to contribute more in an attacking sense.

Would be good to give him a cap and see how he goes but not overly convinced so far.

29 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Dinnae really see what the fuss is about yet. No doubting he strolled that game but he was barely ever under any pressure. Biggest concern for me is the lack of intensity and drive. Fair enough he plays in a holding role but he can forget being able to stroll through a Scotland game like that. Be under much more pressure and be expected to contribute more in an attacking sense.

Would be good to give him a cap and see how he goes but not overly convinced so far.

Watching that You Tube clip, I have to agree. 80% of his passes went backwards. Good possession and ball retention obviously which is vital at international level but with him coming from Man Utd folk will be looking for more.

Get him in though and let’s see what he can offer 👍🏼

55 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Were you one of the Barry-Backpass brigade? If our best player for a decade can get such criticism, McTominay shouldn’t worry too much yet.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Were you one of the Barry-Backpass brigade? If our best player for a decade can get such criticism, McTominay shouldn’t worry too much yet.

Agreed.  Lambert and Ferguson were quality and both played a similar role.  We still need someone with an engine to replace brown.... someone nasty, arrogant with an unwavering belief in themselves would be perfect.

10 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Darren Fletcher was speaking the other week, saying the biggest hinderance to his Scotland career was the Scotland fans expecting him to be creative and attacking because he played for Man Utd, when he was in fact a destructive midfielder.

let McTominay give us a base to play from, make simple tackles and simple challenges and let others be creative, let him do what he’s good at.

4 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Darren Fletcher was speaking the other week, saying the biggest hinderance to his Scotland career was the Scotland fans expecting him to be creative and attacking because he played for Man Utd, when he was in fact a destructive midfielder.

let McTominay give us a base to play from, make simple tackles and simple challenges and let others be creative, let him do what he’s good at.

Agree. It's not like we are short of creative midfielders.