Scottish cup weekend - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

6 minutes ago, fringo said:

I have to confess I was being sarcy but now feel guilty so apologies.

I sort of agree with you about the snow mania.

People aren't forced to games therefore that's not a reason for cancelling a game.

Also, how many people who couldn't make it to work this will now be able to travel to a football game ?

Haha, I knew you were being sarcy, just wisnae biting.

Im not against a h&s call off but there seems no reason to here.

In fact on the subject of h&s has Bobby Madden got a gig this weekend? I'm amazed more wasn't made of his decision to play on when Ajer suffered a head knock last weekend.

1 hour ago, TGP said:

He actually comments that there are folk who can't leave Greenock for the game.  Not defending it!  Just passing the message on . . . .

We've 2 buses from a Greenock based coach company taking our supporters club to Aberdeen tomorrow. 

Can't leave Greenock my arse 

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've 2 buses from a Greenock based coach company taking our supporters club to Aberdeen tomorrow. 

Maybe they're all children and have been grounded. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Safe travels one and all mates are getting the train from Killie but having to change at Edinburgh mon the Killie :ok: 

Weather in Aberdeen’s West End is probably as poor as it’s been this week. More snow overnight. Not enough to stop the game going ahead though.

I think the main issue will be this freezing rain stuff predicted to fall over East Coast today affecting those coming up the road. Either that or the lack of fuel at every petrol station!  

Safe travels to all fans coming up the road. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

Celtic win referee assisted with a penalty for a foul outside the box. 

They'd have won anyway but that killed Morton off and effectively finished the game.

Very, very poor decision. 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Celtic win referee assisted with a penalty for a foul outside the box. 

They'd have won anyway but that killed Morton off and effectively finished the game.

Very, very poor decision. 

Yet there's still dinosaurs who don't to use VAR to help progress our game 

11 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You mean there's a non-league club they've never beaten?

Indeed. Renton, in the very first Scottish Cup tie. Inverness Thistle and Meadowbank Thistle too.

Looking like the run v Aberdeen could continue too :( 

Edited by Toepoke

Just now, dandydunn said:

Seeing var in use for the spurs game the other night, it’s little wonder. Absolute shambles. 

Everything is going to have teething problems and it will need a few tweaks 

Use it only for if it's crossed the line and penalty decisions or whatever. If you start using it for dubious handballs etc in the middle of the park then I agree it'll become a farce 

On the other hand I'd like to each team have 3maybe4 chances per game to have anything they want reviewed, whether it's a goal crossed the line or a dubious handball

It hasnt looked to good so far but with time I'd like to see it used and for more correct decisions be awarded

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It looks like a lot of the Celtc fans didnt receive their tickets in the post this week due to the weather judging by the sparse areas of empty seats 

Very poor use of grammar here to relay your point, otherwise you would have been in the running for most predictable post of the year.

Fine effort from Morton, they deserved better than Beaton's incompetence. 👍

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

Very poor use of grammar here to relay your point, otherwise you would have been in the running for most predictable post of the year.

Fine effort from Morton, they deserved better than Beaton's incompetence. 👍

Play the man and not the ball