Scottish cup weekend - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

28 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Stigmata-related. Wee dab of myrrh and he'll be fine. Disnae like the magic sponge though.......something about vinegar and a spear......

Being an atheist I therefore no longer believe in the existence of Mulumbu and anything that's said about him must therefore be myth. 😉

37 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

"Nil by mouth said it" :lol:

Let's be clear here:

Neil McCann, a catholic and hun bastard.

Jock Stein, a protestant, not a hun bastard.

Only a stupid hun bastard would try and suggest it's a sectarian term.

Have you read the posts? Nobody has said it's a sectarian term other than BlueGaz (I think) pointing out what the online dictionary says. 

It is however an insult. 

I specifically said that it is not a sectarian term in my opinion but pointed out that Nil By Mouth think differently. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Have you read the posts? Nobody has said it's a sectarian term other than BlueGaz (I think) pointing out what the online dictionary says. 

It is however an insult. 

I specifically said that it is not a sectarian term in my opinion but pointed out that Nil By Mouth think differently. 

Of course Hun is an insult. It’s a perfect way to describe moronic, maurauding animals. It’s why Rangers have had that name for generations. 

RFC(whether deid or new) continue to play an active role in allowing their fans to act like Huns. 

You’ll never hear or read me saying anything other than the fact that using the term Hun is an insult. But the cap certainly fits. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Well, that’s certainly bollocks. Considering we have certain posters on here trying to equate a non sectarian term(hun) with a definite sectarian term(taig). 

Guest BlueGaz
5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Wit?

Youre getting as bad as him now. You’ve obviously no read them either. 

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It is however an insult. 

It's an insult and that's exactly why it's used to describe Rangers fans.

Huns used to never care about it.......unless they were 2-0 down and going home.....

20 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Sky aren't showing a live game on the Wednesday (I know the game's on the Tuesday), seems they couldn't give a toss about Scottish football when they get the opportunity to show a game. Although, you would've thought the BBC might have been able to show it - even if it was just on their website.

Does the BBC contract allow for them to show a replay?

On 3/6/2018 at 8:52 AM, vanderark14 said:

absolute nonsense, don't lower yourself to that level RB.

The term hun is not sectarian, its been used to describe rangers fans since I've been going to the football, in the same way Tims and sheep shaggers is used to describe celtic and aberdeen fans. Nothing bigoted about it. 

The Non TA section has finally sank to the levels of the Scotland Mad board

"Tim" is OK but "Taig" isn't?

I'm just interested in case I want to offend somebody.

10 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'm not sure, as when it used to be 1 Sky, 1 BBC, Sky would always have the right to show a replay.

I think Sky still have the rights to show 1 replay each round but never use it (unless an Old Firm cup game went to replay).

2 minutes ago, drew said:

I think Sky still have the rights to show 1 replay each round but never use it (unless an Old Firm cup game went to replay).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if one of the Old Firm had a replay next week Sky would be all over it.

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if one of the Old Firm had a replay next week Sky would be all over it.

Of course. They probably view it as worth paying the fine to broadcast a game at the same time as a European Cup game. Won't view it as financially worthwhile for Aberdeen v Kilmarnock.

I can't understand why the original cup ties weren't organised for a weekend when the midweek dates after were free of European games.

2 minutes ago, drew said:

I can't understand why the original cup ties weren't organised for a weekend when the midweek dates after were free of European games.

Pretty impossible the way they eek out the CL knockout stage now.

14 hours ago, drew said:

Yeah - no-one has broadcast a replay over the last couple of seasons, but I'm certain you're right that Sky have the option to show a replay. There was even an Edinburgh derby replay last season that wasn't shown (IIRC). Sky's deal with the SFA expires at the end of the season, so perhaps something will change next season to require a replay to be shown.

7 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Yeah - no-one has broadcast a replay over the last couple of seasons, but I'm certain you're right that Sky have the option to show a replay. There was even an Edinburgh derby replay last season that wasn't shown (IIRC). Sky's deal with the SFA expires at the end of the season, so perhaps something will change next season to require a replay to be shown.

Wasn't the Edinburgh derby only not shown because it was also a champions league night?

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Wasn't the Edinburgh derby only not shown because it was also a champions league night?

Think so. They did show a couple of cup replays for a while but they were moved to 5.30 or 6pm kick off times so they weren't on when the Champions League was.