Scottish cup weekend - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup weekend

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Ooft, hope yer right, but your optimism streets ahead of mine ..... just don't see how Spurs can win it ;)

I just have a feeling about Spurs plus the fact they've struggled so far. Man Utd and Chelsea are mediocre and are easily beatable

Much the same way that Real Madrid have been humpty in the league but I wouldn't put it past them to go on and win another champions league

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

The last time Spurs won the FA cup was the same day Motherwell won the Scottish cup. :ok:

Same with Coventry City and St Mirren :ok:

In fact both winning goals were scored in extra time within a couple of seconds of each other.

On 14 March 2018 at 10:07 AM, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

11:30 and i’d still make it. Although I have 2 young kids so that’s a luxury I’ll not have.

Doubt we’ll have the numerical advantage. I’d guess could be as few as 5000 ‘well fans, hopefully more like 8 or 9 thousand, but the fair weather fans have had 2 good days out already this year.

I’ll be there though.

What will Aberdeen bring? Given KO time, on council tv and aberdeen been in a few semis recently I’d understand some fans saving their money for the final...

Supporters clubs having to put their order in on Monday with no late additions allowed. If it must be played at Hampden at lunchtime can't it just be pay at the gate?

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

The last time Spurs won the FA cup was the same day Motherwell won the Scottish cup. :ok:

And I had a double on Forest and Dundee Utd to win on my coupon because Clough and McLean had never won the FA \ Scottish cup.......I thought the stars had aligned. 

6 hours ago, Dairbee said:

And I had a double on Forest and Dundee Utd to win on my coupon because Clough and McLean had never won the FA \ Scottish cup.......I thought the stars had aligned. 

I remember asking my dads mate why some Dundee united fans were dressed as Arabs, he told me it was because they were going to get humped! :lol:

Always stuck in my head.

Was the day Gazza broke his leg too, so was perhaps the beginning of the end for him????

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Was the day Gazza broke his leg too, so was perhaps the beginning of the end for him????

Eh?  Did you miss him bossing Euro 96 5 years later?  Or being the best player in Scotland for 2 years?!  The beginning of the end was when Advocaat pumped him out of Ibrox before he'd even arrived.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Eh?  Did you miss him bossing Euro 96 5 years later?  Or being the best player in Scotland for 2 years?!  The beginning of the end was when Advocaat pumped him out of Ibrox before he'd even arrived.

It's all subjective but I'll bite anyway and say Brian Laudrup was the best player in Scotland for those two years.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I’d wondered if the boredom during his injury and time in Italy was when he started on his slippery slope.

As you say, he had a good 6 or 7 years Football after it.

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Aberdeen v Motherwell at a sold out Tynecastle makes far more sense.

Better advert for the game

better atmosphere

full house

im not sure why it didn’t or can’t happen.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Better advert for the game

better atmosphere

full house

im not sure why it didn’t or can’t happen.

It won't happen because the arguement is the same as the FA Cup, 'why take away a players dream and chance to play at Wembley/Hampden' when the reality is they want to squeeze as much money from it as possible.

Should be at tynecastle or Easter Road.

Have semi finals always been at Hampden?

Edited by Mox

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 9:37 AM, Orraloon said:

No.

They were rarely at Hampden in the past. 

I seen a number of semi finals at Parkhead, Ibrox, Tynecastle and Dens. 

It used to be or at lest seemed to be played at the most sensible ground for the 2 sides involved. Think the argument used now is that all 4 clubs get a chance of Hampden before the final. 

2 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

They were rarely at Hampden in the past. 

I seen a number of semi finals at Parkhead, Ibrox, Tynecastle and Dens. 

It used to be or at lest seemed to be played at the most sensible ground for the 2 sides involved. Think the argument used now is that all 4 clubs get a chance of Hampden before the final. 

To be fair, seems to be over 20,000 going tomorrow, so you’d be locking out fans having it elsewhere.

A less than half full Hampden is going to be a bit rubbish atmosphere wise, but everyone who wants to go can go.

With segregation etc. You’d maybe only get 18000 in Easter road.

Motherwell sold between 6-7000 it appears, which is double our home support, but slightly disappointing. Perhaps slightly spoiled with this being our 3rd (4th if you count Queens Park game) trip to Hampden this season, and slightly disheartened by the prize on offer being a final against one of the OF.

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, seems to be over 20,000 going tomorrow

Motherwell sold between 6-7000 it appears

I'll be amazed if we have shifted c.14000 given the time, venue & on the back of Tynecastle last weekend

Could be wrong though - I haven't bothered checking!

Looking forward to tomorrow. A Scottish Cup semi-final is a special day and the kind we support our teams for. 

On the pitch i predict a tight, nervy affair. With McLean and Shinnie out McInnes will look to be tight and compact, ensuring we don't give anything away. 

Our back four will likely be very slow and consist of 4 natural centre backs (Considine, McKenna, Arnason, Ball), while we'll have another centre-back (O'Connor) in midfield. I would also expect Nwakali to start, giving us yet more defensive cover. 

I think it'll be a front 4 of GMS, Christie, McGinn (despite his shocker last week) & May. 

I think we'll need a big day from Christie and/or GMS. Either of whom are capable of turning the game on their own, if they're on top form. 

49 minutes ago, Redz said:

I'll be amazed if we have shifted c.14000 given the time, venue & on the back of Tynecastle last weekend

Could be wrong though - I haven't bothered checking!

As far as I know we have only sold 11000. For me it's still a decent number given the shitty venue and kick off time. £30 for a North Stand ticket with a ridiculous £7 postage charge because our "national" stadium is so  out of touch with the real world (no electronic turnstiles etc). We have been shafted so often over semi final kick off times many fans are so fed up they have just chucked it. Plus live on bbc and sky. Too easy not to go.  

19 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

As far as I know we have only sold 11000. For me it's still a decent number given the shitty venue and kick off time. £30 for a North Stand ticket with a ridiculous £7 postage charge because our "national" stadium is so  out of touch with the real world (no electronic turnstiles etc). We have been shafted so often over semi final kick off times many fans are so fed up they have just chucked it. Plus live on bbc and sky. Too easy not to go.  

I heard it was 11k as of last Friday. Not sure how many more since then - suspect not another 3k. 

37 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I heard it was 11k as of last Friday. Not sure how many more since then - suspect not another 3k. 

They reported 10,500 on Wednesday I think it was. 

Anyone who wants to go, has a ticket, I doubt it’ll be any higher now. 

52 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

They reported 10,500 on Wednesday I think it was. 

Anyone who wants to go, has a ticket, I doubt it’ll be any higher now. 

Yep.

Folk are fed up.

Easy for our central belt support.

25% of Sunday's gate though.....