SFA/SSC Website - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA/SSC Website

Ormond

On 28/02/2018 at 9:27 PM, Ormond said:

Yep. Screenshots of emails regarding tickets are flying around on FB groups. There’s a lot(including me) who never got the emails. I never disabled any email functions before and I get that it’s a new site. But if they can transfer your points over then they have no reason to stop you receiving informative emails. If they have done that then they could at least give a CLEAR bloody log in function so you can select that.

Yip, no email for me. That said I’ve haven’t renewed. 

I presume that’s the reason. That said, if they are giving us until the end of March to renew and there is a game before hand, then they need to be clear that no renewal, no information.

J

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

Yip, no email for me. That said I’ve haven’t renewed. 

I presume that’s the reason. That said, if they are giving us until the end of March to renew and there is a game before hand, then they need to be clear that no renewal, no information.

J

No renewal has nothing to do with it. I renewed on only the second day after it started and I never got. Whereas I know people who never renewed and got the email. That lot at Hampden are so comically amateurish the last few years.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:31 AM, Alan said:

There is a new EU regulation called GDPR which is very strict on data protection.  Yoy now need to opt in not opt out hence the above ticking needed.

Which is fair enough but they could have set it up so you could opt in or out on the renewal pages.

1 hour ago, drew said:

Which is fair enough but they could have set it up so you could opt in or out on the renewal pages.

When you renewed, there was a tick box option for receiving information. However, I'm sure I ticked the box and still didn't receive the email.

SFA / SSC use of technology has historically been a complete shambles and problems with almost everything they have ever tried to do. I did not expect this new system to be anything other than a complete cock up - as it has proved to be. The SSC told us that the ultra late membership info was so that they could test their systems and train people, etc to make sure it all went smoothly... what an unprofessional shambles it is!!! Could they perhaps employ a professional and competent company to manage their IT??? 

Edited by CraigieBrown

18 hours ago, jenblueeyes said:

When you renewed, there was a tick box option for receiving information. However, I'm sure I ticked the box and still didn't receive the email.

I can't remember but I assume if it was there I would have clicked on it.

It took me 7 attempts to buy tickets, the site froze on me twice, I was also twice timed out (Strange the wee clock kept telling me I had over 20 minutes left on both occasions), and twice it would not let me buy a ticket for my wife (Not enough points, but I know she has the same amount of points as me), so all in all, I would have to say the site is still a bit fecked.

It's easy enough to use really, but did take my a minute or two to realise that the little head icon was needing to be clicked in order to allocate tickets to different members.

Fair number of 'do you accept' boxes to clicked about the SFA tracking the shit out of us, but then that has probably always been in the depths of the T&Cs somewhere.

On 01/03/2018 at 11:31 AM, Alan said:

There is a new EU regulation called GDPR which is very strict on data protection.  Yoy now need to opt in not opt out hence the above ticking needed.

I just sat the most mind numbingly boring compliance course on that last week. And there is a fair bit of competition in financial services.