Allocation - Page 4 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Slide Tackle

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That's not a problem exclusive to the SSC, it happen with all ticketing agencies. If someone has tickets in their basket and they take too long to process the transaction they will be kicked out and any tickets are back on sale

I was meaning the whole ticketing issue is a fucking shambles by the sfa  -why no emails? then the site isn't working and ticket sale delayed.

2 hours ago, wubbs said:

how can they have projected figures?

cancelling tickets and refunding money to those on 7 (and possibly 8) points to satisfy demand for those on higher points would be the correct decision. Yes it might be a hassle, but not doing it make a mockery of the points system. Why should a 12 pointer miss out on a ticket at the expense of a 7 pointer?

I agree the points system should always be used but if this scenario has occurred they won't be cancelling tickets

The policy they have is advise fans not to book any travel arrangements unless you have an official match ticket. If a 7 pointer secured a ticket yesterday afternoon  and booked travel last night then they would be leaving themselves open to having to dish out compensation.

I agree the points system should always be used but on this occasion someone at Hampden may have miscalculated their figures

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

The original sales window was 24 hours. There ssc will have known how many people from each point category will have renewed and how many could renew and would have taken that into consideration

I'm an 8 pointer. Didn't renew until Thursday and bought my ticket for Hungary this morning. I was ticket #948. Are you suggesting that there were only 102 people on 7-12 points (5-10 under old system) that didn't buy tickets?

1 hour ago, Shotts56 said:

Piss poor away allocation, when the stadium hold 24,000 and their last friendly v Russia had a crowd of 9,000.

Someone commented that the SSC only got 400 positive replies to their survey on who was going. This appears to be largely due to no-one receiving emails so not knowing about the survery. Anyone who wants to go but didn't get a ticket should be contacting the SSC to put pressure on them as seems to be a big enough stadium to accommodate another 1k Scotland fans. Can't believe we are that big a draw for the locals.

8 minutes ago, DundeeDave said:

Someone commented that the SSC only got 400 positive replies to their survey on who was going. This appears to be largely due to no-one receiving emails so not knowing about the survery. Anyone who wants to go but didn't get a ticket should be contacting the SSC to put pressure on them as seems to be a big enough stadium to accommodate another 1k Scotland fans. Can't believe we are that big a draw for the locals.

Exactly , no email, no survey..utterly useless.

13 minutes ago, wubbs said:

I'm an 8 pointer. Didn't renew until Thursday and bought my ticket for Hungary this morning. I was ticket #948. Are you suggesting that there were only 102 people on 7-12 points (5-10 under old system) that didn't buy tickets?

Probably not but that is what they should have done

11 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

I am very not chuffed . Utter joke of a site and system. 9 pointer - tried to buy when first "on-sale"-system fuk up, then  no email to say it was now yesterday so now totally  missed out.

I nearly missed out as well Dave  -on nine points previously too - it was only a  mate of mine telling me they were sold out this morning  -just got lucky on second login.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The policy they have is advise fans not to book any travel arrangements unless you have an official match ticket.

Is that in the SSC t&c or an unwritten rule?

(I realise it's somewhat irrelevant now as they started selling to 6 pointers, but could crop up again in future)

8 minutes ago, wubbs said:

Tickets are only £9 and they're worth 2 points. 

I'm confident no one has harvested for this one......

I think in games like this, proof of travel should be provided before points are allocated, which is a simple forwarding of an email confirming flights, for example. If the away end if half-empty, what a joke that will be.

5 minutes ago, DundeeDave said:

I think in games like this, proof of travel should be provided before points are allocated, which is a simple forwarding of an email confirming flights, for example. If the away end if half-empty, what a joke that will be.

Anyone with any sort of computer savvy will be able to draught up a boarding pass on a computer in a few minutes

The SFA aren't going to pay to have someone sifting through thousands of letters and emails

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Anyone with any sort of computer savvy will be able to draught up a boarding pass on a computer in a few minutes

The SFA aren't going to pay to have someone sifting through thousands of letters and emails

Exactly, it takes a couple of minutes to create documents. The only way that they could check is by having a 100% pickup, which wont happen for any games with atendances of over a few hundred.

11 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I remember having to send boarding passes through the post to get a point! And they don't have to check them all, just a few dozen or whatever, same as the ticket collection checks, it's a deterrent, not a catch-all. What do the SSC staff do all day when there are no games for 6 months, anyway :)

If people do fake up a boarding pass, well done them. Fraud isn't very clever, though.

Edited by DundeeDave

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Exactly, it takes a couple of minutes to create documents. The only way that they could check is by having a 100% pickup, which wont happen for any games with atendances of over a few hundred.

Do you think people will risk their memberships to harvest a couple of points? I agree that the SSC couldn't care less about the harvesting but if it's a half-empty away end, then it reflects badly on them as well as the harvesters.

53 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

I am very not chuffed . Utter joke of a site and system. 9 pointer - tried to buy when first "on-sale"-system fuk up, then  no email to say it was now yesterday so now totally  missed out.

Do you not know any harvesters who could help you out, Mario?