Allocation - Page 10 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Slide Tackle

Not having much luck with Hungarian side of things. Registered with site, even registered with MTK Budapest ( wee soft spot for them from years back, winning coupon, that sort of connection lasts for years...) Picked 6 seats in gold section, right through until, UK ( live in Engerlund) mentioned and dead end. Then tried just the 1 ticket, same again. Any info would help.

18 minutes ago, The Bunnet said:

Not having much luck with Hungarian side of things. Registered with site, even registered with MTK Budapest ( wee soft spot for them from years back, winning coupon, that sort of connection lasts for years...) Picked 6 seats in gold section, right through until, UK ( live in Engerlund) mentioned and dead end. Then tried just the 1 ticket, same again. Any info would help.

The voucher option only works if you are not Hungarian or a resident of the country of the away team. My mate has emailed them asking if there is a way to get tickets (and is going to ask for clarification if it is ok to select a different country to bypass this check or if it is better to get tickets at the ground on the day). I will post back when he hears back.

I reached the same stage.  The away team on a drop-down list is United Kingdom, so saying I live in England doesn't help.  I signed up for a voucher using a Scottish address but might have to change to an Irish address instead.  Only problem then would be paying with a Clydesdale Bank card registered to a Scottish address, but not unsurmountable.  Might also have to ditch kilt and Scotland top for this one.

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

The voucher option only works if you are not Hungarian or a resident of the country of the away team. My mate has emailed them asking if there is a way to get tickets (and is going to ask for clarification if it is ok to select a different country to bypass this check or if it is better to get tickets at the ground on the day). I will post back when he hears back.

We have just heard back and they pretty much just said we need to speak to the SFA are they are responsible for the tickets for Scotland fans.

1 hour ago, Ayr Storm said:

I reached the same stage.  The away team on a drop-down list is United Kingdom, so saying I live in England doesn't help.  I signed up for a voucher using a Scottish address but might have to change to an Irish address instead.  Only problem then would be paying with a Clydesdale Bank card registered to a Scottish address, but not unsurmountable.  Might also have to ditch kilt and Scotland top for this one.

We changed our nationality to "other" on the ordering process and it worked - the first credit card we tried rejected it, but a second one went through ok.  We may or may not get in, but I figured that we have a better chance of getting by going through the front door with VIP tickets, rather than through a turnstyle in the Hungarian end with umpteen stewards and police in the way.

54 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Has nobody tried getting in touch with their hotel to see if they can get them for you?

How would that work?

When buying in advance you need to register. Your ticket has your name on it, and needs to match your passport.

If buying on the day you need to show your passport, and they're unlikely to sell any to Scotland fans.

9 hours ago, Shotts56 said:

We changed our nationality to "other" on the ordering process and it worked - the first credit card we tried rejected it, but a second one went through ok.  We may or may not get in, but I figured that we have a better chance of getting by going through the front door with VIP tickets, rather than through a turnstyle in the Hungarian end with umpteen stewards and police in the way.

"We may or may not get in"  That is the gamble.  For two of us in VIP this is £72-90.  Is it worth it for a meaningless friendly?  We are in Budapest from Monday to Thursday so the football is only a small part of the trip, albeit the reason for going in the first place.  I do agree with Shotts56, that getting into VIP is more likely than 'ordinary' seats in D4 next to the official Scotland fans.  The difficulty is guessing how the stewards will react to an 'other' national with a UK passport.  Maybe a gamble of £9 per person in D4 is more palatable than the VIP gamble.  What we really need is an indication from someone in the know as to how the Hungarians are likely to react to away fans in the home end.

I would think the D4 section will be a buffer. Their will probably be 10,000 empty seats. SSC have had no cancellations, which is unusual. Tried the hospitality route but ended when it came to payment, card has UK billing address. Looking forward to Budapest and will be fine watching game in a boozer, though will try nipping along to the stadium on the morning of the game and see if their are any options. 

Just now, The Bunnet said:

I would think the D4 section will be a buffer. Their will probably be 10,000 empty seats. SSC have had no cancellations, which is unusual. Tried the hospitality route but ended when it came to payment, card has UK billing address. Looking forward to Budapest and will be fine watching game in a boozer, though will try nipping along to the stadium on the morning of the game and see if their are any options. 

They were selling tickets in D4 up until yesterday though, with a handful already sold in there.

SSC say they have had no tickets returned, which is unusual.  Changing away points from 1 point to 2 points is having the unintended consequence of making harvesting more attractive.  This will probably continue in future games.  If you don't get your ticket in the initial sale, you've had it.

31 minutes ago, Ayr Storm said:

SSC say they have had no tickets returned, which is unusual.  Changing away points from 1 point to 2 points is having the unintended consequence of making harvesting more attractive.  This will probably continue in future games.  If you don't get your ticket in the initial sale, you've had it.

If no returns then that suggests everyone who has been selected to pick up is going. If they don't show without an excuse then don't they face getting banned.

Email reply from Hungary FA say 'no more tickets' and SFA are responsible for selling them. I get the feeling they would have release more tickets if asked, as they mention that they don't know how many have been sold.

Which leads me to think, maybe wrongly, but if more tickets were requested this would mean more work for the Travel Club staff they don't want, or cant cope with the extra work. So maybe the lack of fans renewing or joining up has reduced the budget for the number of staff available to deal with this to the detriment of the fans, who wish to travel. So unless ticket-less fans let in another section or they sell tickets over there, we're stuffed.  

According to the international regulations we have allocated the tickets for the guest supporters.

In every cases the guest team’s association manage the guest supporters’ tickets.

So the official way to secure tickets for Hungary-Scotland football match is to contact the Scottish Football Association.

According to current information we have no any confirmation how many tickets were sold to the Scottish supporters.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Hungarian Football Federation

Customer Service

Tex Hungary Kft.

P: (+36 30) 508 0999

e-mail: mailto:mlsz@tex.hu

https://www.meccsjegy.mlsz.hu

42 minutes ago, kizzy said:

Email reply from Hungary FA say 'no more tickets' and SFA are responsible for selling them. I get the feeling they would have release more tickets if asked, as they mention that they don't know how many have been sold.

Which leads me to think, maybe wrongly, but if more tickets were requested this would mean more work for the Travel Club staff they don't want, or cant cope with the extra work. So maybe the lack of fans renewing or joining up has reduced the budget for the number of staff available to deal with this to the detriment of the fans, who wish to travel. So unless ticket-less fans let in another section or they sell tickets over there, we're stuffed. 

I don't think you can jump to that assumption so easily.

The HFA have given us a section which contains a 1000-odd tickets, and that is our lot - how many of those are actually sold is not of great importance to the HFA, apart from Policing and catering.

The SFA are a shambles, however you are coming up with some crazy fantasy connections here.

You are stuffed - deal with it!! 

8 hours ago, Ayr Storm said:

These folk are on 6 points or more, so they are seasoned campaigners. They are not daft enough to turn down their tickets as soon as they get an email telling them that they need to collect. That would look too suspicious. They will wait until much nearer the time before telling them about their granny dying, again. If it's a 10% pick up and even if as much as 20% are harvesting (I think it will be lower than that for this game), that's only about 20 tickets. They will go pretty quick.

Re cancelling tickets, their is no need for long winded reasons. Just cannot go is fine. As long as you let them know, tickets will be resold. Plenty get a ticket before finalising trip, then too expensive, cannot get time off or other half puts foot down, or keep powder dry for later. Our wee group will give stadium a bash re tickets, morning of the game or happily watch in a boozer.

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

These folk are on 6 points or more, so they are seasoned campaigners. They are not daft enough to turn down their tickets as soon as they get an email telling them that they need to collect. That would look too suspicious. They will wait until much nearer the time before telling them about their granny dying, again. If it's a 10% pick up and even if as much as 20% are harvesting (I think it will be lower than that for this game), that's only about 20 tickets. They will go pretty quick.

Seasoned Campaigners?? We will see by the gaps in the Scotland end how many seasoned campaigners have been going on the campaign and not telling fibs if this is policed the way as Hungary do. Hope they properly punish them that dont turn up.

4 hours ago, durtyweeker said:

Seasoned Campaigners?? We will see by the gaps in the Scotland end how many seasoned campaigners have been going on the campaign and not telling fibs if this is policed the way as Hungary do. Hope they properly punish them that dont turn up.

Doubt there will be many gaps in Scotland end. Probably around 50 empty seats

8 minutes ago, wubbs said:

Doubt there will be many gaps in Scotland end. Probably around 50 empty seats

Do you fancy giving them a count on the night and report back the results? It's probably easier to count from the away end, but it's also easier to exaggerate when you are pissed off that you haven't got a ticket.:lol:

I'm going for about 10% no shows for this game, so that would be 105 empty seats.