Allocation - Page 8 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Slide Tackle

Sfa should announce  a 100% pick up now as it would definitely free up tickets for guys that are travelling.  Harvesting has been a problem for years but as it doesn't affect Sfa employees directly they don't give a fcuk. Surely when they only had 400 replies to their survey they must have thought that was not an accurate number & sent email to every member not just the ones who clicked on the link on their account,  i recon if they re surveyed members they'd get 1200 - 1500 replies. It's been a shambles from the word go. Most members like myself try to book the trip as early as possible to get cheaper deals on flights etc so waiting till now to see if you get a ticket can possibly cost an extra £200 for last minute flights. Hopefully the Sfa can secure more tickets but not holding my breath.

10 minutes ago, Alibev said:

Sfa should announce  a 100% pick up now as it would definitely free up tickets for guys that are travelling.  Harvesting has been a problem for years but as it doesn't affect Sfa employees directly they don't give a fcuk. Surely when they only had 400 replies to their survey they must have thought that was not an accurate number & sent email to every member not just the ones who clicked on the link on their account,  i recon if they re surveyed members they'd get 1200 - 1500 replies. It's been a shambles from the word go. Most members like myself try to book the trip as early as possible to get cheaper deals on flights etc so waiting till now to see if you get a ticket can possibly cost an extra £200 for last minute flights. Hopefully the Sfa can secure more tickets but not holding my breath.

They've been given the maximum that the Hungarian FA are willing to give which is the full away end

Edited by DoonTheSlope

15 minutes ago, DundeeDave said:

After complaining to the SSC about the email/ticketing shambles for this one, I've now been selected for 'random' ticket collection. Just as well I'm not harvesting :lol:

Will be interesting to see how big the collection is and how many cancel

59 minutes ago, DundeeDave said:

Have any others on this thread been asked to collect?

My mate asked for the 4 of us to receive by post, 4 of us now to collect, no biggy as I would always collect if I was arranging tickets for away games

3 minutes ago, jcs said:

My mate asked for the 4 of us to receive by post, 4 of us now to collect, no biggy as I would always collect if I was arranging tickets for away games

Used to always get them sent until Georgia when they didn't send them out until a couple of days before most folk were leaving. It was a hell forsaken place to get too so most folk I knew were leaving on the Monday and Tuesday. I received the ticket in the last post I'd be home for

I then chose to always collect then the carry on at Wembley with people not following simple instructions about bringing id caused a huge queu, then I was treated to some absolutely appalling customer service when I was served. Later a guy on here said he had travelled from Norway(?) to London only for them to have given away his ticket in error, he complained and his membership was cancelled

Now I get them sent

Genuine question but does anybody think harvesting is a big problem or just a handful of people, in my experience folk with tickets that don't go is generally cause they're too pished and just stay in the pub. What specific game would you need all these points for? In 20 years of watching Scotland I've always got a ticket with minimal hassle (home end when abroad if I've not got enough points)

5 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Genuine question but does anybody think harvesting is a big problem or just a handful of people, in my experience folk with tickets that don't go is generally cause they're too pished and just stay in the pub. What specific game would you need all these points for? In 20 years of watching Scotland I've always got a ticket with minimal hassle (home end when abroad if I've not got enough points)

Tickets are easy to come by when away but I think people who go on about harvesting are just frustrated they can't get a ticket.

It obviously goes on judging by the amount of tickets usually flying around but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the level that it's made out to be.

8 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hard to tell exact numbers but certainly seen a number of tickets cancelled when people are selected. Also seen the SSC staff stuck with a couple of tickets where people haven't shown up.

Wasn't there but heard there was a game (Ukraine or Georgia) where the SSC were left with a heap of uncollected tickets.

Edited by drew

3 minutes ago, drew said:

Wasn't there but heard there was a game (Ukraine or Georgia) where the SSC were left with a heap of uncollected tickets

Given it was about 90c in Kiev and the ticket collection queue was taking hours the option of a home end ticket for £8 probably had a lot to do with that specific game

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Used to always get them sent until Georgia when they didn't send them out until a couple of days before most folk were leaving. It was a hell forsaken place to get too so most folk I knew were leaving on the Monday and Tuesday. I received the ticket in the last post I'd be home for

I then chose to always collect then the carry on at Wembley with people not following simple instructions about bringing id caused a huge queu, then I was treated to some absolutely appalling customer service when I was served. Later a guy on here said he had travelled from Norway(?) to London only for them to have given away his ticket in error, he complained and his membership was cancelled

Now I get them sent

Georgia was the1st time me n the mrs were randomly selected to collect, the hardest thing about getting tickets that day was trying to get across the big roundabout outside the hotel we’re pick up was, there’s some crazy drivers in Tbilisi, after that  we started to just pick up our tickets but my mate prefers to get them sent by post

20 minutes ago, drew said:

Wasn't there but heard there was a game (Ukraine or Georgia) where the SSC were left with a heap of uncollected tickets.

If it was Kiev then maybe it's because they never made it out of hotel due to taking a hiding from the Ukrainians the night before

I still find it unbelievable some people turned a blind eye and never gave them a hand incase it damaged the reputation of the tartan army 

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Depends on the game

It'll range from 5-20%

20 minutes ago, wubbs said:

Depends on the game

It'll range from 5-20%

Aye. I would go along with that. Going back a few years that SFA geezer posted on here for a while and we got some information about how many were selected to collect, how many cancelled before the game and how many just didn't turn up. I remember Reeky Sporran  collated all the numbers over a number of games and it averaged out about 15 %. I remember one game being exceptionally high. Might have been that Georgia one already mentioned for obvious reasons.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye. I would go along with that. Going back a few years that SFA geezer posted on here for a while and we got some information about how many were selected to collect, how many cancelled before the game and how many just didn't turn up. I remember Reeky Sporran  collated all the numbers over a number of games and it averaged out about 15 %. I remember one game being exceptionally high. Might have been that Georgia one already mentioned for obvious reasons.

Think it was around 25% for Sweden in 2010.

12 minutes ago, wubbs said:

But surely paying out for numerous tickets and not going will outweigh the price you would have to pay for this "mythical" game in the future, or am I missing something? 

25 minutes ago, wubbs said:

It wouldn't surprise if most of that 25% had just too many shandys in Stockholm that day and forgot to collect and kybosh it. Some of the less mortal Scottish fans didn't realise both teams were wearing away strips and thought we were giving the Swedes a hiding  

8 minutes ago, dan cake said:

But surely paying out for numerous tickets and not going will outweigh the price you would have to pay for this "mythical" game in the future, or am I missing something? 

Folk just thinking buying tickets for the perceived diddy games will guarantee them a ticket for a big game. Personally I don't think it is worth the money paying out for a game you won't be going to but other feel that way.

With the Sweden game we got a large allocation for a friendly and a number of 0 and 1 pointers probably bought them with no intention of going thinking it would give them enough points for the game in Prague (which they were still short of in the end)

19 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I'm not suggesting people are harvesting every game. Hungary tickets are £9,  and that gets you two points. Throw in Costa Rica at £15 and you get another point.

By the time Israel game comes round you have 3 points more than someone who didn't harvest.