Allocation - Page 5 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Slide Tackle

2 minutes ago, DundeeDave said:

Do you think people will risk their memberships to harvest a couple of points? I agree that the SSC couldn't care less about the harvesting but if it's a half-empty away end, then it reflects badly on them as well as the harvesters.

By the definition of harvesting, if you think its an issue, then yes.

You dont even need to commit fraud to do it. Book a refundable flight, get the boarding pass a month before the flight, then cancel your booking. Its too easy to do, so its pointless checking it.

Plenty folk get caught out with the ticket collections but nothing ever happens other than they have to collect at the next away game as well.

Harvesting is going to be a problem for Albania as well, probably Israel even though only a few hundred will travel.

11 minutes ago, kumnio said:

By the definition of harvesting, if you think its an issue, then yes.

You dont even need to commit fraud to do it. Book a refundable flight, get the boarding pass a month before the flight, then cancel your booking. Its too easy to do, so its pointless checking it.

Come on eh, who's going to go to all that hassle! They'd also have to pay a charge for cancellation, assuming they found an airline flying to the venue which offered refunds on cancellations.

Edited by DundeeDave

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

With only 1000 tickets they could easily make it 100% pick up for this one. The fact that there isn't that much time to post out tickets they might just do that. Hopefully.

They managed to hand out 4,000 at the Wembley friendly so 1,000 should be a doddle. I used to choose to collect for a while. I was in and out within a couple of minutes. The only time I've seen any bother was Wembley for the qualifier when the number of people who turned up without ID caused a huge queue. No ID, no ticket. I was there for the best part of an hour. By the time I did get served the attitude of the staff was less than pleasant

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Forget all this harvesting shyte , the real issue is that the SSC has screwed up with this ticket allocation. Guys that have gone to every away game in years have not been notified about the ticket sale, the initial opening of the ticket sales was screwed up then the same folk had no idea of the resale time. I was just fortunate one of my mates mentioned it this morning and fluked it. Its no way to treat people.

10 hours ago, DundeeDave said:

Harvesting is going to be a problem for Albania as well, probably Israel even though only a few hundred will travel.

Looking at the minimum allocations for those games (sides have to give 5% of the ground) - Albania is either 640 or 1,125 (depending on whether their new stadium is ready or not) and Israel is 1,544. So you're probably right that there will be some harvesting for those fixtures. Although, Budapest is probably a more attractive location for a short trip than Tirana or Haifa - so that may increase the demand for tickets over those two games.

I wonder if there's a way that the SFA could check with the home team about whether the ticket was actually used or not, if they have a barcode scan on the ticket.

16 hours ago, STARSKY said:

Went onto site at 12 noon to get 4 tix , 2 x 10 pointers and 2 x 6 pointers so that we would be sitting together

IT STATED I COULD ONLY GET 3 ???????????? WHY ?????

When i changed it to 3 it came back and said sold out ,

Shambles - Hope the SFA get more as all booked up

Anybody know the email address of the SSC , Cheers in advance :ok:

3 hours ago, STARSKY said:

Anybody know the email address of the SSC , Cheers in advance :ok:

Sorry don’t know the website address but you could phone them on 0141 616 6000 probably phoning them rather than emailing them will have more clout they’re open from 9-5 monday to Friday

SSC Tweet.

"Please note that, at the request of the Hungarian FA, all Scotland fans attending the Hungary match will be required to produce their passport, which must match the name on their ticket. This will be required upon entry to the stadium."

16 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Where are you seeing this?

A pal who doesn't have enough points phoned to see if there's a waiting list and if there was if it would be a points system or first come first served. There's no waiting list at the minute and it's unlikely to change. He then asked if there's a chance of more tickets and was told the Hungarian FA have said no due to segregation

So at the moment no waiting list and no increased allocation. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the disabled ticket situation 

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A pal who doesn't have enough points phoned to see if there's a waiting list and if there was if it would be a points system or first come first served. There's no waiting list at the minute and it's unlikely to change. He then asked if there's a chance of more tickets and was told the Hungarian FA have said no due to segregation

So at the moment no waiting list and no increased allocation. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the disabled ticket situation 

Do they ever advertise the waiting list? Everytime I have called up they say that they have never done a waiting list and aren't sure what I am talking about but then speaking to people it seems that a waiting list is quite common.