RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT.... - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT....

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

FFS min, you have nae idea how bad it is. It's about 2 inches deep already. I don't know what happens when it gets to 6 inches. I think they have run out of colours.

All trains cancelled in the red zone, where ever that is. Mind you, they cancelled the trains somewhere doon south yesterday and they never saw as much as one snowflake. 

Panic merchants. I don't mind that too much though. If they can persuade the folk who don't know how to drive in snow, to stay at home it makes life easier for the rest of us.

That's quite an honest, albeit embarrassing admission on a public forum.

Everyone in our office has the ability to work from home - so we were told to do that today and tomorrow. So today was great, however, tomorrow I'm supposed to be getting a flight at 9.35 am from Glasgow to London to go to some already-paid for, very expensive theatre productions. Really hoping it's not as bad as they are predicting overnight.

2 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Got into work at 08:35 only to find they'd announced at 08:30 that the uni was shut, hung about for a hour or so in case any students showed then headed on the train (though they were down to two an hour) got home fired up laptop to find uni is shut tomorrow again which is nice. However it all seems a bit of an overreaction it's not f*cking snowmaggeden.

I think you might work in the same place as my missus.  

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That would be my worst nightmare. In 2010 I was offered a room at a hotel at the Gyle. I walked 3 and a half hours from The Gyle to Omni when I eventually found a taxi 

Next day it was hangover central in the work and next to fuck all was done, nothing was said though as the managers were on the loopy juice all night aswell. Yet, I look a bit tired or get seen taking a nurofen on a Monday after a derby or big Scotland weekend and they accuse me of having a hangover 

Showeracuntz

Wait till you get to my age, you can pop pills till your hearts content and no -one bats an eyelid. Infact you are expected to look shit and spaced out every day. 

Travel home on the M8 was a doddle. At least it was for me, sitting in the back of a taxi buffing ma nails. 

15 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

Everyone in our office has the ability to work from home - so we were told to do that today and tomorrow. So today was great, however, tomorrow I'm supposed to be getting a flight at 9.35 am from Glasgow to London to go to some already-paid for, very expensive theatre productions. Really hoping it's not as bad as they are predicting overnight.

I hope it's not Hamilton  - it was worth every penny!

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Do your employers have to pay you  ? 

Employment lawyer on radio today said employers do not have to pay you, may make you take it as a holiday. Many workers are covered such as teachers or lecturers but it’s not blanket coverage. 

32 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I hope it's not Hamilton  - it was worth every penny!

No - The Birthday Party on Thursday night and Mary Stuart on Friday. Both getting great reviews and have very good casts.

14 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The One Show has a woman on satellite from Siberia where it's -34 and Matt's getting all worked because it's -2 and asking her for tips on how to stay warm when it gets a wee bit colder tonight. The countries went to shite, it really has

FFS min it's The One Show, the modern day equivalent of 1970s public information films, minus the sex perverts.

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

FFS min it's The One Show, the modern day equivalent of 1970s public information films, minus the sex perverts.

I've been trying all day to find the one about how to deal with hypothermia!  The one with the guy in the sleeping bag and the rescuer climbing in to the sleeping bag with him.

24 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The One Show has a woman on satellite from Siberia where it's -34 and Matt's getting all worked because it's -2 and asking her for tips on how to stay warm when it gets a wee bit colder tonight. The countries went to shite, it really has

The Co-op round the corner has run out of crisps , even individual bags , its probably all the folk having a bevvy tonight. 

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

It is a dusting FFS. It is embarrassing what Scotland has become.

Doesn't matter what sound you make to describe it, the effects are real, nor are they dependent on whatever emotion you happen to feel.

The conditions were dangerous.

1 minute ago, phart said:

Doesn't matter what sound you make to describe it, the effects are real, nor are they dependent on whatever emotion you happen to feel.

The conditions were dangerous.

The conditions were different. Scotland has become pathetic. 

Edited by Ormond