RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT.... - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT....

10 hours ago, exile said:

Yes it seems the roads are bad too

Elsewhere there are some amazing pictures of tunnels full of icicles, it's clear why they all need to be checked

And incidentally, must be more dangerous for a driver than a steam train, in terms of what would hit first

Couldn't get images to upload so here are some links to icicled tunnels

https://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/news/icicles-in-historic-tunnel-lead-to-train-diversions#

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/in-pictures-cold-weather-makes-bishopton-rail-tunnel-into-narnia-esque-winter-wonderland/

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-tunnel-icicles-bring-rail-services-to-a-halt-1-5417520

over 4 days since we've had any snow fall and folk are still panic buying bread and milk. Visited my local co-op there, empty shelves.

What's wrong with folk?:hammer:

I'm guessing if I try to buy fuel that will be in short supply too? Folk driving about buying up all the milk?

31 minutes ago, Big Col said:

over 4 days since we've had any snow fall and folk are still panic buying bread and milk. Visited my local co-op there, empty shelves.

I'm guessing if I try to buy fuel that will be in short supply too? Folk driving about buying up all the milk?

I went shopping last Tuesday going again tomorrow. No hassle whatsoever. It's baffling.

31 minutes ago, Big Col said:

It's pathetic. The garage near me was staying open a wee bit later on Friday because snow was expected on yesterday 

4 hours ago, Big Col said:

I went to Morrisons yesterday afternoon. In 8 years of going there i have seen nothing like it. Not a thing left . 

I had actually planned on cooking a proper meal for a change and needed plain flour for a sauce.

No flour. Even the  wholemeal was gone. I asked if they had some in the back .The guy said ‘ no, its all gone, people are baking their own bread ‘ .

wtf ??? 

I went home and ordered a chinese. 

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's pathetic. The garage near me was staying open a wee bit later on Friday because snow was expected on yesterday 

My pal works in the wee shop bit of a petrol station. They sold £1000 of booze on Thursday night, they dont even sell that much at New Year. 

My wee Tesco Local store in Edinburgh was open it's normal hours all the way through. Got a milk delivery Friday morning, Very short of bread but were still baking rolls and baguettes etc. They did a great job.