RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT.... - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT....

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You think because I’ve been here 4 years instead of my 33 before that in Scotland I will stop saying we?

Doesn't matter what you say mate, you're 3500 miles away nobody can hear you over here.

1423376_630x354.jpg

Edited by phart

Just now, phart said:

Doesn't matter what you say mate, you're 3500 miles away nobody can hear you over here.

You make it seem like I can only find out what’s going on at home by carrier pigeon. 

Just now, Ormond said:

You make it seem like I can only find out what’s going on at home by carrier pigeon. 

No i've said you didn't understand the conditions of the weather cause you're no here. Looking at pictures on your computer isn't the same as being on the road actually feeling the conditions. The army have been out rescuing folk, as i said people have died.

1 minute ago, phart said:

No i've said you didn't understand the conditions of the weather cause you're no here. Looking at pictures on your computer isn't the same as being on the road actually feeling the conditions. The army have been out rescuing folk, as i said people have died.

There’s a way of replying to that but all I’ll get is how much of a heartless bastard I am.

Aberdeen roads are ace, there’s no one out on them. I’m just home from taking the bairn out to get PS4 games for his birthday party tomorrow, only problem was, Smyths toy shop was closed because of adverse weather conditions, even though every other shop in the complex was open, on the plus side, I’ve managed to book a prime time for a Saturday at the 10 pin bowling and tgi’s after it, Asda car park was empty, I got right to the front door, just a pity there’s fuck all to buy. 

I passed 3 petrol stations and they’re all queues out the road, I’ve no idea why, as everyone appears to be shitting themselves driving, so no idea why they need fuel. 

The snow a couple of months back was far worse than it is now, the place is full of utter clowns. 

Kids are happy though, they’re having popcorn and hula hoops for breakfast tomorrow morning as I’m refusing to go out and milk a cow in a farmers snowy field. 

Edited by dandydunn

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

In the garage getting a power card and there's a queu of about 6 folk maybe with huge big bags worth of messages  because we're expecting snow on Sunday. This was at 25 past 10 on a Friday night

It's fucked up. On Tuesday i bought an extra 4 pints to do me, and some bread and vacuum packed pitta bread. A shop here had to limit folk to one 4 pinter of milk each cause folk were trying to buy gallons.

45 minutes ago, exile said:

Seems the east coast and west coast trains across the border both shut. No replacement buses.

I can fully understand the east coast certainly between Newcastle and Edinburgh. My mate is contracted to shift snow and he’s sent me pictures of the line at a couple of crossings and the drifts are massive. This despite the train plough being through a few times.

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I can fully understand the east coast certainly between Newcastle and Edinburgh. My mate is contracted to shift snow and he’s sent me pictures of the line at a couple of crossings and the drifts are massive. This despite the train plough being through a few times.

Yes it seems the roads are bad too

Elsewhere there are some amazing pictures of tunnels full of icicles, it's clear why they all need to be checked

And incidentally, must be more dangerous for a driver than a steam train, in terms of what would hit first

59 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

A ken some folk are missing their milky tea and toast but this is taking it too far lads...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/huge-mob-loots-lidl-blizzard-12117289

A TAMB poster has seen this all before.

In the 70’s, the Co-op were opening a nice new store in a scheme in Paisley. There was only one  ( possibly 2) road access in and out the scheme. 

The night before the store opened the local thugs barricaded the access and ransacked the store. Everything was taken. A constant stream of shopping trollies disappearing into local houses. The police couldnt get through. The TAMB  poster witnessed everything from their high rise flat window.  The store never opened. Ever. 

The poster shall remain anonymous in case of repercussions 👀