Lock up yer grannies - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lock up yer grannies

1 hour ago, loanhead-tartan said:

They usually charge about 100 Away up the back and about 250 for the golden circle they have down the front 

45 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It's more for the die hards than the fancy a concert types at that price. How long do they usually perform for roughly at that age?

Saw Tom Jones at Hamilton Racecourse a few years back. He was still a decent singer at the time but he was only on for just over an hour. I'm sure it was about £60 a ticket too.

At the time gave him the benefit of the doubt due to his age until I seen a few other singers about the same age who were on for 2hours at least 

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's more for the die hards than the fancy a concert types at that price. How long do they usually perform for roughly at that age?

Saw Tom Jones at Hamilton Racecourse a few years back. He was still a decent singer at the time but he was only on for just over an hour. I'm sure it was about £60 a ticket too.

At the time gave him the benefit of the doubt due to his age until I seen a few other singers about the same age who were on for 2hours at least 

My brother went to see them in Amsterdam last year and were only on for about 1 hour 30 

They play 22/23 songs now, so 2 hours.

Saw them in '95 on the Voodoo Lounge tour. I was right down the front and they were absolutely outstanding.

Had tickets to see them in Barcelona a few years later, but Keef fell out of a coconut tree (if you believe the tabloids) and the gig was cancelled.

Seen them on TV and online since and they are still absolutely fantastic - but the cost to see them now is outrageous.

I've been lucky enough to see them - at a sensible price - and were it not for the astronomical cost, I would urge anyone and everyone to go and see the dinosaurs in the zoo before they become extinct.

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, Toepoke said:

Anybody go last night?  Seems to have been an excellent show.

Am a bit late in responding but, yes, I went.  3rd time seeing them and I thought they were superb. They put on a great show and went down a storm with the crowd. They all seemed to be buzzing but I noticed that Ronnie does way more guitar work than Keith - he’s entitled to take it easy now though. Would definitely go again if they decide to head out on the road one more time.