Toulon Tournament - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Toulon Tournament

wanderer

25 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Great looks like Burke can get a game then haha! Joking aside that lad needs to get back on the horse pronto & stop signing for clubs who won’t play him-he’s getting some bad advice.

I think he has been injured a while (he keeps tweeting about how its "good to be back in training after so long"..."great to get some game time"..."fantastic to start a game a long last" etc type things over over the last month or so)

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

I think he has been injured a while (he keeps tweeting about how its "good to be back in training after so long"..."great to get some game time"..."fantastic to start a game a long last" etc type things over over the last month or so)

He’s come on as sub late in the last few games. It’s been a fairly disastrous transfer so far.

14 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

The rumours are he’s not very good.

I saw him live at the Eng vs Sco U21 game and his attitude was disgusting couldnt have been less interested in that game if he tried. Now i dont know if he was injured or there was something else going on

Sadly i dont think he's going to turn out to be the player we all hoped. He has pace and not much else is my guess and at championship level you can get away with that eg Albert Adomah but at a higher standard you need something else and i dont know if he has that 

Agree with all that. Certainly not going to dismiss him yet but in all the times I’ve seen him he’s done very little to impress, and certainly nowhere near enough to be the automatic starter he’s touted on here as. I wouldn’t have him in the squad and he has a lot to prove I think 

4 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

Agree with all that. Certainly not going to dismiss him yet but in all the times I’ve seen him he’s done very little to impress, and certainly nowhere near enough to be the automatic starter he’s touted on here as. I wouldn’t have him in the squad and he has a lot to prove I think 

He barely gets a mention here these days, certainly can't see anyone calling for even a squad place.

On 27/02/2018 at 1:57 PM, Scotsdeutsch said:

Great looks like Burke can get a game then haha! Joking aside that lad needs to get back on the horse pronto & stop signing for clubs who won’t play him-he’s getting some bad advice.

He's been getting a few appearances off the bench for West Brom latterly, but next season in the Championship will probably be a make or break for him. He may well just be one of these players that peaked early.

4 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

He's been getting a few appearances off the bench for West Brom latterly, but next season in the Championship will probably be a make or break for him. He may well just be one of these players that peaked early.

He didn’t actually peak though did he. Or if he did we should give up on him now