Aberdeen v Celtic - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Celtic

44 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Think you're probably right with that. I'd say we'll have Tierney at right back and Robertson at left. 

However against some of the stronger teams I'd like to see Robertson play in front of Tierney on the left. We'd need to find a decent right back first.

I'd imagine Paterson will be back in at right back soon.  He's been playing quite well for Cardiff.

15 hours ago, Alan said:

I went to the pub to watch this thinking Aberdeen had a good chance against a tired and injury hit Celtic squad.  Conor Sammon at Thistle has scored more goals than Dembele this season. The keeper is a bomb scare.  The defence is shaky.

I was genuinely angry at how poor Aberdeen were. No ambition. Too much respect. Dull. Unambitious. Scared even. Total and utter shit.  Everything that is wrong with teams versus Old Firm.  Derek McInnes as Scotland or even Rangers manager? Naw.

On what serious basis could anyone go and watch this fixture with that sort of expectation?  Where have you been for the last 20 years?

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

On what serious basis could anyone go and watch this fixture with that sort of expectation?  Where have you been for the last 20 years?

When Deila was in charge of Celtic you'd fancy Aberdeen to give them a good game and possibly win at Pittodrie (but then blow it against weaker opposition the next game). Since Rodgers took over we have completely bottled it and only given them a game once in the Scottish Cup final (arguably 2 games but we had to go 3-0 down in about 10 minutes before we bothered to make an effort) 

On 2/25/2018 at 3:24 PM, vanderark14 said:

Not yet but he better be careful, these spineless performances will see the supporters turn soon enough.

SM loves him - He 'played' a blinder with regards to the Sunderland & Huns gigs - I'm not aware of many happy clappers now though.

fact mcinnes wont play two up front and give celtic a game then you move to the player like christie who cant play against his own team and shinnie again suspended for the game no matter how weak celtic look they have enough in there dressing room to make aberdeen look like mugs again and again