Rev Billy Graham - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rev Billy Graham

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

A fair old innings that.

My folks went to Parkhead too. Must've been the biggest ever crowd there while the Kellys were in charge of the attendance figures....

Yeah, I am surprised he hasnt been shot at some point. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Deid, 99 years old.

My mum and sister went to see him at Parkhead in the 90’s, the only time they have been close to a football ground

Not for me but he did seem to have an impact. Ormond will be in mourning . 

Ormond won’t be but those who have restaurants and hotels in and around Perth will be. Some money those headcases brought to the Fair City! 

4 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Just I’m not an East coast plastic. 100% attendance 👍

I gave up when I turned 17-18. Even at 15 I was done with it. Only went the last two years to keep my Gran happy. But when I was young a lot of weeks it was an everyday job. Not just a Sunday. Every morning before school. The joys of having a headcase, bible bashing Maternal side of the family forcing you to be an altar boy. :(

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I gave up when I turned 17-18. Even at 15 I was done with it. Only went the last two years to keep my Gran happy. But when I was young a lot of weeks it was an everyday job. Not just a Sunday. Every morning before school. The joys of having a headcase, bible bashing Maternal side of the family forcing you to be an altar boy. :(

You just described my early life in spookily precise detail. I’m genuinely worried you’re some sort of weirdo who is trying to steal my memories. Ffs you even support a diddy team anaw 😮

1 minute ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You just described my early life in spookily precise detail. I’m genuinely worried you’re some sort of weirdo who is trying to steal my memories. Ffs you even support a diddy team anaw 😮

We’re aw diddy teams if you don’t follow the big two. ;)

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I was at Bellahouston and Murrayfield. Karol Wojtyla Loyal No.1 me 🙏🏻👍

I don't know if you remember this but a fellow Stewartonian entrepreneur - whose name escapes me at the moment but I think he had an upholstery business at the time, Bernie something or other ? - branched out and set himself up as a manufacturer of folding stools for the papal visit.  A few mates of mine were working for him as a summer job and they were doing 16 hour days and getting paid buttons.   Problem was, they weren't exactly well made - problems with the materials used - and so when ever some old women sat on one they collapsed.   He was selling them out of the back of a van at the events and ended up nearly being lynched by a bunch of old wife's and had to refund everyone.   I don't think he was very popular at Our Lady and St John for a while. 

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don't know if you remember this but a fellow Stewartonian entrepreneur - whose name escapes me at the moment but I think he had an upholstery business at the time, Bernie something or other ? - branched out and set himself up as a manufacturer of folding stools for the papal visit.  A few mates of mine were working for him as a summer job and they were doing 16 hour days and getting paid buttons.   Problem was, they weren't exactly well made - problems with the materials used - and so when ever some old women sat on one they collapsed.   He was selling them out of the back of a van at the events and ended up nearly being lynched by a bunch of old wife's and had to refund everyone.   I don't think he was very popular at Our Lady and St John for a while. 

I knew him well, Big Bernard :lol:. Appropriately enough, I think he chucked Catholicism a few years later and went down the Billy Graham route for evangelism etc. Maybe he got excommunicated for shoddy stool-making :lol:

47 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I knew him well, Big Bernard :lol:. Appropriately enough, I think he chucked Catholicism a few years later and went down the Billy Graham route for evangelism etc. Maybe he got excommunicated for shoddy stool-making :lol:

Was he involved with the Charasmatics that was a thing around then?  A few people I knew who took too many drugs got involved with them briefly.   

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Ormond won’t be but those who have restaurants and hotels in and around Perth will be. Some money those headcases brought to the Fair City! 

I read one of his quotes:

’when wealth is lost nothing is lost, when health is lost something is lost, when character is lost all is lost ‘. 

Easy to say with a net  worth of $ 25mio . He must have forgot Jesus telling his discuples ‘ ’ it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God’   🙂

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I read one of his quotes:

’when wealth is lost nothing is lost, when health is lost something is lost, when character is lost all is lost ‘. 

Easy to say with a net  worth of $ 25mio . He must have forgot Jesus telling his discuples ‘ ’ it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God’   🙂

Look up that total cunt Osteen. That daft bint of mine used to share quotes from him until I went all God-like on her and brainwashed her into understanding what a total ring piece he is. 

21 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Look up that total cunt Osteen. That daft bint of mine used to share quotes from him until I went all God-like on her and brainwashed her into understanding what a total ring piece he is. 

I have a fair idea what YOUR quotes were , Caaaaaaalin ......