The Split - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well looking at the top 6 as it stands at least 2 teams wil have to play 3 games at Ibrox otherwise Rangers will need to play all 5 games away after the split. No maths can make the split fair.

13 minutes ago, Doric said:

Well looking at the top 6 as it stands at least 2 teams wil have to play 3 games at Ibrox otherwise Rangers will need to play all 5 games away after the split. No maths can make the split fair.

I can tell you who it won’t be!

:lol:

Which does add to the unfairness.

The top 6 teams who were seeded to make to bottom 6 are usually penalised in these circumstances, so I imagine if Killie make it we will have a 3rd trip to Ibrox, although we do have Celtic at home after the split.

Tbh I'm not that bothered, being top 6 will ensure more prize money and safety from relegation which was priority #1.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The top 6 teams who were seeded to make to bottom 6 are usually penalised in these circumstances, so I imagine if Killie make it we will have a 3rd trip to Ibrox, although we do have Celtic at home after the split.

Tbh I'm not that bothered, being top 6 will ensure more prize money and safety from relegation which was priority #1.

Am talking pish, Killie are due to go to Parkhead after the split, so not sure how it will work out....

7 hours ago, Doric said:

Since we're better away from Ibrox this season I'd take the 5 away games please. 😁

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only thing that's certain is that Rangers and Celtic will 1) play 19 home and 19 away 2) play each other twice at home and twice away.

Anything else is a lottery.

Pre Rangers going into admin you always got 2 home 1 Away v Rangers and 1 home 2 Away v Celtic or vice-Versa pre-split, but they changed that on Rangers return to the top flight.

Motherwell kicked up a fuss as we only got 1 home against the 3 best supported sides. (Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen) and it put us at a financial disadvantage.

We were told there had never been any such arrangement IIRC and there were no special cases, yet last year they confirmed the date and venue of the post split old firm fixture before the top 6 was even decided and 2 weeks before the rest of the fixtures.

8 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Would be great for Hibs going by recent record.

Heard a Hibs fan phoning up Clyde1 earlier to complain about going to Ibrox a 3rd time and the same point was made to him.

He wasn't buying it though, he wanted Rangers to play all the post split games away from home, even though that would give them 17 home and 21 away games for the season.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Heard a Hibs fan phoning up Clyde1 earlier to complain about going to Ibrox a 3rd time and the same point was made to him.

He wasn't buying it though, he wanted Rangers to play all the post split games away from home, even though that would give them 17 home and 21 away games for the season.

Based on our record at Ibrox this season doesn't he realise this would give us an unfair advantage. Maybe he was a hun in disguise. 😉

Since the split began   our record of three times away to one club is  as below

2000/01 - Dundee
2001/02 - Dunfemline
2003/04 - Dundee United
2004/05 - Aberdeen
2006/07 - Hibs
2008/09 - Hibs
2009/10 - Dundee United

Its a farcical situation but hardly a conspiracy. 

Edited by EddardStark

8 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

2000/01 - Dundee
2001/02 - Dunfemline
2003/04 - Dundee United
2004/05 - Aberdeen
2006/07 - Hibs
2008/09 - Hibs
2009/10 - Dundee United

I wouldn’t say conspiracy, but since rangers and celtic CAN’T go to each other’s stadium 3 times, it does make a mockery of the whole thing. 

As was mentioned earlier, the last match last season was advertised on sky before the top 6 had been fully decided, how can that possibly be fair on everyone else?

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

2000/01 - Dundee
2001/02 - Dunfemline
2003/04 - Dundee United
2004/05 - Aberdeen
2006/07 - Hibs
2008/09 - Hibs
2009/10 - Dundee United

I'm certainly not suggesting there's any conspiracy.  It's just a total joke.  It is inequitable and always has been.  it needs binned now. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

2000/01 - Dundee
2001/02 - Dunfemline
2003/04 - Dundee United
2004/05 - Aberdeen
2006/07 - Hibs
2008/09 - Hibs
2009/10 - Dundee United

Ooh poor you.

You are one of the only teams never to have had 18 home games and 20 away.

Dry your eyes.

As I said, only two teams that the split benefits every year are the old firm.

Rangers will NEVER go to Parkhead 3 times and Celtic likewise with Ibrox.

The clowns think they are hard done by enough because they have to play some teams 3 times away even though they always get an equal split of home/away fixtures.

Imagine the knicker wetting if the huns had to go to Parkhead three times or vice versa?!

The split makes a mockery of the league. This arguement as well that it somehow creates excitement for the average fan in terms of teams being relegated and going for Europe etc is nonsense.

The last few games of the season everyone should be playing everyone, the best against the best and worst against the worst makes only for contrived and faux excitement. 

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As I said, only two teams that the split benefits every year are the old firm.

Rangers will NEVER go to Parkhead 3 times and Celtic likewise with Ibrox.

The clowns think they are hard done by enough because they have to play some teams 3 times away even though they always get an equal split of home/away fixtures.

Imagine the knicker wetting if the huns had to go to Parkhead three times or vice versa?!

Spot on.