Tim Hortons in Glasgow.. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tim Hortons in Glasgow..

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m not a big Coffee drinker, but occasionally get a McDonald’s coffee at the drive through when I’m driving for work.

I thought it was decency enough and better value than most places.

£4 for some hot water and milk seems excessive. :lol:

What that man said. Coffee is coffee. Tae hell wae this fancy £4 mocachino bombanero delight..👍😁

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What that man said. Coffee is coffee. Tae hell wae this fancy £4 mocachino bombanero delight..👍😁

Is it fuck. Coffee is disgusting in the US and Canada. Compared to the stuff you get on continental Europe and I’m going to assume in S America where it comes from.

22 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Is it fuck. Coffee is disgusting in the US and Canada. Compared to the stuff you get on continental Europe and I’m going to assume in S America where it comes from.

No mate. I mean regular coffee. I am not a big coffee drinker, I prefer tea. What I am saying is the coffee from McDs, Tim Hortons, Burger King, is all the same. I agree in expensive coffee, if that is your thing. I cant justify myself spending £5 on one cup of coffee, or tea for that matter. Now Scotch, that is another matter. I have no probs dropping £70 on a bottle of Oban.😁

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No mate. I mean regular coffee. I am not a big coffee drinker, I prefer tea. What I am saying is the coffee from McDs, Tim Hortons, Burger King, is all the same. I agree in expensive coffee, if that is your thing. I cant justify myself spending £5 on one cup of coffee, or tea for that matter. Now Scotch, that is another matter. I have no probs dropping £70 on a bottle of Oban.😁

I drink hunners of tea at home. They sell a good Irish tea at my local supermarket which I like. But near enough all coffee here is shite(cheap or expensive) compared to where I said. 

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I drink hunners of tea at home. They sell a good Irish tea at my local supermarket which I like. But near enough all coffee here is shite(cheap or expensive) compared to where I said. 

agreed m8. Coffeee is huge here. Losds of choices. Do they have Second Cup in the UK?

On 2/17/2018 at 6:04 AM, Toepoke said:

It's certainly a bit of a Canadian icon. I had no idea who Tim Horton was until my cousins over there filled me in. It must've been a bit like me having to explain to them who Jimmy Johnstone or Jim Baxter were...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Horton

I have actually been to Tim Horton's with Tim Horton (8 months before he was killed).

Mike Meyers tips his hat to him in 'Wayne's World' with the imaginary Chicago donut shop equivalent 'Stan Mikita's.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, Mindimoo said:

McDonalds coffee is good?????  

It is now.

Do you get 'McCafe' over there?

menu-is-displayed-inside-a-new-mcdonalds

16 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It is now.

Do you get 'McCafe' over there?

menu-is-displayed-inside-a-new-mcdonalds

They do call it McCafe, but they don’t do any speciality coffees, in fact that’s their marketing campaign just now, that it’s none of your fancy shite, it’s just decent coffee... (I’m paraphrasing! :lol: )

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 6:33 PM, Scotty CTA said:

I have actually been to Tim Horton's with Tim Horton (8 months before he was killed).

Man that's quite an anecdote. Must've earned you a few Canadian handshakes over the years.

21 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

They currently have a month-long promotion where any size coffee is a dollar.

(I get the extra large in the morning and it lasts me all day.)

Do you buy 2 when there's a NASA thread on the go? :-)) 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Man that's quite an anecdote. Must've earned you a few Canadian handshakes over the years.

It was in 1973 (and I've only mentioned it to a couple of folk recently).

He was the first NHL hockey player that I had ever met.

Newspaper photos exist (from the promotion I attended) and I really should try and track them down in case I'm in any of the non-published ones.

Got (and still have) his autograph twice.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Do you buy 2 when there's a NASA thread on the go? :-)) 

:lol: No, I make the one last all day, but would love to spend more time in 'Anything Goes'.

(Hoping to get back soon.)

On 17/02/2018 at 10:20 AM, bonzo said:

The one in Larkhall changed it's name to Billy Hortons ;)

:lol:

On 17/02/2018 at 9:22 PM, Mindimoo said:

McDonalds coffee is good?????  The only chain here who serve palatable coffee is Cafe Nero.

Mcdonalds coffee is rank man, agree with you. I try just take a flask to work as im out in the van all day and hate paying over the ods for it.

When I lived in Canada Timbits were great and as theyre wasnt a Tim Hortons where we were it was a bonus when someone brought some back. Didnt drink coffee back then though. Still havent tried it in glasgow either