Match Day Meet Uo - Peru v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Day Meet Uo

Brummie Hibs

9 hours ago, kayjay said:

I was in Lima 10 years ago. Most of the pubs were in area around Kennedy Park in Miraflores. Elsewhere it’s was hotel bars or cafes. 

Is the area where the ground is a shitehole or what? I usually like drinking nearer the park before kick off as I’m not left chasing my heels as I get more pished.

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

You just know it’s going to be a toss up between those two “Irish” pubs close to each other in Miraflores. ;)

Houlihans and Molly's. Also the only places that sell cider, it seems. 

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Have you been before I take it?

Aye I'm just back from there. Plenty of cheap boozing to be done in miraflores. Sunday and Monday not too exciting and a few bars close these days. Irish bars annoyingly reliable as usual. 

Try to avoid being near any roads when you have a hangover. You'll hear what I mean when you get there. Mirror, horn, signal, horn, manoeuvre, horn. Horn. 

Horn. 

I can still hear it. 

On 17/02/2018 at 11:37 PM, Ormond said:

Is the area where the ground is a shitehole or what? I usually like drinking nearer the park before kick off as I’m not left chasing my heels as I get more pished.

I wasn’t in the area near the ground but according to others on here and FB there is nothing there. 

It isn't so much that it is a trek. Actually looks like a straight road from Kennedy park. But driving in rush hour traffic in Lima is soul destroying and the public transport is always packed. 

I only passed by the stadium on a drive from downtown Lima to Miraflores. Didn't seem to be much around and my Peruvian friend confirmed as much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...