Mcleishs management team - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcleishs management team

Doric

28 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well we have no idea what role it is that they want him to do. I would be surprised if it was as a No 2. We will just have to wait and see I suppose.

I would imagine it will be a striker coach or just a coach in general rather than McLeish’s number 2. Seems a bit odd though. 

24 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Very little coaching experience, a few months under McGhee at Motherwell? but it's a publicity stunt to try and get the McLeish haters onside

Aye it does have a feel of trying to conjure up memories of Paris about it. 

I doubt it will win over the McLeish haters though. The only thing that will do that is a place at Euro 2020. 

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

James McFadden saying on Final Score he has been asked to join the Scotland coaching staff. He is not sure of in what capacity but is holding talks next week.

He seemed a bit peeved at Stephen Thompsons jokey digs! 

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't know I'd say it was just plsyers banter. If anything Thompson seemed bitter about Faddy's goalscoring record compared to his.

Thompson was a donkey that only got in team as we were bereft of strikers

On 18/02/2018 at 12:24 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't know I'd say it was just plsyers banter. If anything Thompson seemed bitter about Faddy's goalscoring record compared to his.

I'd say Thompson is intelligent enough and self-aware enough to realise his limitations as a footballer and will be grateful he had an international career, never mind he scored a goal or two. If he was in the condition he was at 35 in his 20s, he would have had a few more caps as well. Thompson is a level or two above McFadden when it comes to intelligence so I doubt the latter would have enjoyed the ribbing.

3 minutes ago, Chesney TA said:

I'd say Thompson is intelligent enough and self-aware enough to realise his limitations as a footballer and will be grateful he had an international career, never mind he scored a goal or two. If he was in the condition he was at 35 in his 20s, he would have had a few more caps as well. Thompson is a level or two above McFadden when it comes to intelligence so I doubt the latter would have enjoyed the ribbing.

Down with this sort of thing with St. Faddy. :mad:

3 hours ago, Chesney TA said:

There was a period when Thompson was starting to look the part and then he got a bad knee injury. He was never the same.