Mcleishs management team - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcleishs management team

Doric

Anything must be better than Strachan or Mcghee for getting players motivated, Strachan played down our chances all the time, and as for Mcghee he was even more miserable looking than Strachan and that is saying something.

At least under Mcleish last time there seemed to be feel good factor about the squad, which has a lot to do with the management/coaching team.

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

But the Glasgow neanderthals don't realise that there's still a football world beyond the showcase cinemas 

Tell me about it mate, as a young Aberdeen fan back in the 80s under Fergie I made countless trips to Hampden for semi finals and finals, surely at least the semi finals should have been changed more often to a neutral ground. But then all credit to Fergies teams for going down to Glasgow and doing a job on them.

Christian Dailly would be someone I would love to have involved in the setup.  I would also like someone akin to Tommy Burns who at some point would have been promoted but not in a caretaker capacity, even if its not someone who doesn't see the big time job for a decade.  Colin Hendry might do well to have some professional stability and something to offer.  

17 hours ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

I'd like McCann, Ross or Hartley involved.  These guys are all top coaches.  Get the best out of their teams.

Oh, Actually the best appointment would be davie weir.   Smartest defender I've ever seen.  Look how good he made Boumsong, Cueller and Wilson look when they played next to him.

Look how bad he made Rangers defence when he was assistant manager - He was a top player but coaching I don't think is his forte. . . . . unless we lay all the blame on Warburton :o

3 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Peter grant being brought in 

I would be happy with Peter Grant, born winner and a bad loser. That is what we need, someone the players would not want to face after a bad result

49 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Christian Dailly would be someone I would love to have involved in the setup.  I would also like someone akin to Tommy Burns who at some point would have been promoted but not in a caretaker capacity, even if its not someone who doesn't see the big time job for a decade.  Colin Hendry might do well to have some professional stability and something to offer.  

Christian Dailly's coaching experience is exactly what?

Stability wouldn't be a word I'd associate with Colin Hendry in recent years. 

40 minutes ago, j b lyons said:

I would be happy with Peter Grant, born winner and a bad loser. That is what we need, someone the players would not want to face after a bad result

As much as I hated him as a player, Grant has a lot of experience as assistant and could probably bring a lit to the team. Eric Black would be worth considering as well.

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

Christian Dailly's coaching experience is exactly what?

Stability wouldn't be a word I'd associate with Colin Hendry in recent years. 

I don't know his qualifications but he is involved in Dundee Utd's coaching setup currently since the summer. 

I wouldn't use stability for Colin Hendry either which is why I said professional stability which would mean regular work and responsibilities might be good for him if he was able to offer something.  He captained us at our last World Cup, and I believe that is experience needed - the question is does he have the soundness of mind that he can offer that effectively. 

Edited by romanticscot

4 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

The sun posted it on twitter the day that grant would be brought in as assistant and Alex Rae in on a game to game role 

Thank fuck for that, anything to get that prick away from Sportsound.

Hopefully he'll appoint Billy Dodds as well.

25 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

James McFadden saying on Final Score he has been asked to join the Scotland coaching staff. He is not sure of in what capacity but is holding talks next week.

I don’t necessarily think McFadden joining the set up would be a bad thing but what coaching experience does he have?

Experienced coaches would be my preference. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

I don’t necessarily think McFadden joining the set up would be a bad thing but what coaching experience does he have?

Well we have no idea what role it is that they want him to do. I would be surprised if it was as a No 2. We will just have to wait and see I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Very little coaching experience, a few months under McGhee at Motherwell? but it's a publicity stunt to try and get the McLeish haters onside

Edited by DoonTheSlope