Celtic vs Zenit... - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic vs Zenit...

40 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have been to Paradise quite a few times. I have even seen wee Jinky live at Celtic Park.. I have been to Ibrox 3 times. Twice to see Celtic vs Sevco, and once for the Scotland vs Georgia match that was moved. Hope that answers your question..šŸ˜Š

I wasn't asking you a question. I was just pointing out to a hun who doesn't go to Ibrox that he shouldn't really be commenting on you not being at the game last night.

10 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I wasn't asking you a question. I was just pointing out to a hun who doesn't go to Ibrox that he shouldn't really be commenting on you not being at the game last night.

Awe ok then m8..Did not know he was a hun...Cannae blame him for no going tae Ibroke..Fuck all tae see. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Cheers SEM. šŸ‘

16 minutes ago, martintarmy said:

Not having a go here Ramy and I could be wrong butĀ Iā€™m sure I read you were 5 year old when you left Scotland.

Do you speak with a Scots accent or just type with one?

Raymondo might have been in Canada for several aeons, but his Scottish accent has not been tainted at all.

He's a mad, mad, mad, keen Celtic and Scotland fan.

And a piper.

And a heidcase - nothing personal Big Man!

11 minutes ago, martintarmy said:

Not having a go here Ramy and I could be wrong butĀ Iā€™m sure I read you were 5 year old when you left Scotland.

Do you speak with a Scots accent or just type with one?

No mate..I was 6 going on 7.Ā I do have a Scottish Accent. Ask any of the TAmbers who I have met. My Father would not allow us to lose our accent even at a young age. All ma mates over here are Scottish..We all play football, darts. and generally get pished thegether. My best mate over here supports Celtic, closely followed by my other best mate who supports Kilmarnock... Both born and bred in Scotland.. Few english and Irish pals anaw. All football daft.. Good lads..

2 minutes ago, Flure said:

Raymondo might have been in Canada for several aeons, but his Scottish accent has not been tainted at all.

He's a mad, mad, mad, keen Celtic and Scotland fan.

And a piper.

And a heidcase - nothing personal Big Man!

Cheers for that pal. Aye, just a wee bit of a heidcase. šŸ¤£. And yes, I love Scotland and I love Celtic..šŸ‘

28 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No mate..I was 6 going on 7.Ā I do have a Scottish Accent. Ask any of the TAmbers who I have met. My Father would not allow us to lose our accent even at a young age. All ma mates over here are Scottish..We all play football, darts. and generally get pished thegether. My best mate over here supports Celtic, closely followed by my other best mate who supports Kilmarnock... Both born and bred in Scotland.. Few english and Irish pals anaw. All football daft.. Good lads..

Good man. All the best Ramy.

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fair play tae yer Auld Man Ramy.Ā :ok:

21 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Fair play tae yer Auld Man Ramy.Ā :ok:

Thanks Ormand. Ma Father past when I was just 17. He was such a proud Scotsman. All he ever wanted was for us to never forget our heritage. Always said to me. " Yir Scottish son, never forget it"..Ā Maybe thats why I am the way I am today. I see now what he felt. I am turning 50 this April. I have lived in Canada 43 years. I only became a Canadian Citizen last year because my wife thought it was best for my two sons. It did hurt, I wont lie. I am sure ma Dad understood, God rest him. I was born a Scot, and I will die a Scot......Ā 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thanks Ormand. Ma Father past when I was just 17. He was such a proud Scotsman. All he ever wanted was for us to never forget our heritage. Always said to me. " Yir Scottish son, never forget it"..Ā Maybe thats why I am the way I am today. I see now what he felt. I am turning 50 this April. I have lived in Canada 43 years. I only became a Canadian Citizen last year because my wife thought it was best for my two sons. It did hurt, I wont lie. I am sure ma Dad understood, God rest him. I was born a Scot, and I will die a Scot......Ā 

Did you have to give up your citizenship for back home?

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not a fuckin chance. I Ā have duel Citizenship mate.šŸ˜Š

British and Canadian then. Top effort. :)

The accent thing always strikes me as a bit weird, just as if a Canadian emigrated to Scotland but ensured that his kids retained a Canadian accent. In practice, I assume most 'first generation' kids actually grow up bi-accentual and slip between the accent of their parents and that of their classmates almost subconsciously depending on the company they're in. My accent certainly getsĀ a bit broader when I'm home.

4 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

The accent thing always strikes me as a bit weird, just as if a Canadian emigrated to Scotland but ensured that his kids retained a Canadian accent. In practice, I assume most 'first generation' kids actually grow up bi-accentual and slip between the accent of their parents and that of their classmates almost subconsciously depending on the company they're in. My accent certainly getsĀ a bit broader when I'm home.

I think it boils down to what you want to do with your accent. I had an uncle moved to Canada in his 30s & probably ended up mixed - he sounded Canadian to me but reckoned everyone over there thought he was British.

Meanwhile, my father-in-law spent maybe 12 or 13 of his 85 years in Ireland & I still can never tell a word the old bugger says.

Oddly - when I lived in London (mid-80s), I was always getting asked if I was Scottish.

15 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I think it boils down to what you want to do with your accent. I had an uncle moved to Canada in his 30s & probably ended up mixed - he sounded Canadian to me but reckoned everyone over there thought he was British.

Meanwhile, my father-in-law spent maybe 12 or 13 of his 85 years in Ireland & I still can never tell a word the old bugger says.

Oddly - when I lived in London (mid-80s), I was always getting asked if I was Scottish.

Are you sure that wasn't down to the cross-dressing?

Yeah, the mixed accent is a common phenomenon, I suspect.Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Fuck all weird about it. The Scottish accent is a lot better than that Canadian shite.

Well done your Dad, Ramy.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

BTW did you get your nick name cos you're always starting big Ramys in hun pubs?Ā :D

Haha. No mate. I actually was given my nick name in Glasgow in 1996.. My Aunty and uncle who I stayed withĀ when I was in holiday lived in Partick and the "Smiddy Bar" Ā was my uncles local. So the first time I went in the Smiddy I introduced myself to the boys. They knew my uncle well as he went in the Celtic supporters bus with them. Next thing one of the Partick boys sais" You are pretty solid there pal. ( I used to weight train back then and was pretty solid).. Next thing I hear" Get Big Ramy fae Canada a pint".. From that moment on I was known as Big Ramy fae Canada Ā to the boys in the Smiddy Bar. True Story.šŸ˜Š. All my mates over here just call me Ramy now as its no Big Ramy anymore as I have put on a wee bit of weight. šŸ¤£

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Fuck all weird about it. The Scottish accent is a lot better than that Canadian shite.

Well done your Dad, Ramy.

Thanks pal..Very true about a Scottish accent here in Canada. Women love it. I get birds chattin me up all the time. Especially when I am doing a Bagpiping gig. Cannae blame them really..šŸ˜Š

38 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thanks pal..Very true about a Scottish accent here in Canada. Women love it. I get birds chattin me up all the time. Especially when I am doing a Bagpiping gig. Cannae blame them really..šŸ˜Š

No' bad for an ugly bugger.

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Face for the radio. We both thrive on it Ramy pal.Ā :lol:

On ā€Ž17ā€Ž/ā€Ž02ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 6:50 AM, Huddersfield said:

Agree there, my auntie emigrated to Canada in the 50s and still sounds like she just left Ayrshire. She met my uncle over there, he'd just emigrated from Manchester but by the time I knew him he spoke like he'd lived in Canada all his days.Ā  It seemed being identified as English was a severe disadvantage in their part of Canada back then :-))Ā