Celtic vs Zenit... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic vs Zenit...

Quite an enjoyable game I thought, and decent performance from Celtic. Zenit were disappointing, not sure if they had an off night, Celtic weren’t letting them play or  they are just mince, can see Celtic scoring over there. So everything chance of getting through!

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

Great stuff last night. So many excellent performances and Brendan spot on with his changes. Still going to be really difficult next week but we've given ourselves a chance 👍

Couldn't see a performance like that coming given our recent form. Every player was excellent 

20 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Couldn't see a performance like that coming given our recent form. Every player was excellent 

Some of the criticism of the team and the manager has been fair but most of it has been ott. The injury list this season has been never ending and people are quick to forget what a young side it is. I think we'll definitely improve over the next few months, just not sure we'll have enough to get through next week.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Some of the criticism of the team and the manager has been fair but most of it has been ott. The injury list this season has been never ending and people are quick to forget what a young side it is. I think we'll definitely improve over the next few months, just not sure we'll have enough to get through next week.

I fancy us to score over there at least. Still possible they could get three of course but the clean sheet is a big help.

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Think you blundered big fella. Quoting Scotty and mentioning Jesus. Expect a sermon......

“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain." Exodus 20:7

50 minutes ago, Mox said:

We were excellent last night, should have been more and certainly gives us a chance next week.

Not to dwell too much on negatives but how bad was the referee, totally inept from start to finish.

I only saw the first ten minutes and you could tell he was useless right away. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

We were excellent last night, should have been more and certainly gives us a chance next week.

Not to dwell too much on negatives but how bad was the referee, totally inept from start to finish.

Particularly in the last 30 minutes or so, he seemed to lose control a bit and was flashing unnecessary yellow cards all over. Seemed to be giving a lot of soft fouls, particularly against Celtic.

Would've liked a closer look at the Brown yellow, not sure if he stamped on the guy or not. It was either a harsh yellow or lucky to avoid a red....

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

In that case I'm going to assume Big Col has had a network failure and you got beat 7-1. 😀 

If I avoid the radio for a while I can be happy until lunchtime. 😉

😂

13 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

He's probably been to CP the same amount of times you've been to Ibrox, to be fair.

I have been to Paradise quite a few times. I have even seen wee Jinky live at Celtic Park.. I have been to Ibrox 3 times. Twice to see Celtic vs Sevco, and once for the Scotland vs Georgia match that was moved. Hope that answers your question..😊