U17s beat Spain and Poland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U17s beat Spain and Poland

er yir macaroon

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He was captain of the England team last month, so they must see something in him

Hadn't heard that but aye, right enough...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1995334/celtic-karamoko-dembele-england-scotland-2/amp/

Bizarre, I've never known such a case of international flip flopping!

28 minutes ago, bookerman said:

Think he with the English under 16. we soon find out if he plays against Scotland.

That's quite bad if he is considering he was named in our squad for this tournament. I know he's a young lad but this swapping between teams doesn't sit too comfortably with me tbh, even at 14/15, he must have a feeling of nationality

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

18 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

That's quite bad if he is considering he was named in our squad for this tournament. I know he's a young lad but this swapping between teams doesn't sit too comfortably with me tbh, even at 14/15, he must have a feeling of nationality

http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/England_Under-16s

That is the English under 16 sqaud, dose not seem to be on it. unless he with a younger age group.

Think there under 15 playing games too.

Confirmed that Dembele captained England Under 15’s yesterday. 

He’s played for both but this is the first time he’s actually turned down a Scotland call up in favour of an England one.

Looks like we’ve lost him to the England youth set up...unless he bizarrely plays for Scotland in the age group up against England under 16’s on Monday.

4 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Confirmed that Dembele captained England Under 15’s yesterday. 

He’s played for both but this is the first time he’s actually turned down a Scotland call up in favour of an England one.

Looks like we’ve lost him to the England youth set up...unless he bizarrely plays for Scotland in the age group up against England under 16’s on Monday.

Are you sure it wasn't December? Link please.

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hard to fathom how someone who's lived here virtually their whole life would rather play for England but hey, he's no' me.

Not just that, but he has Ivorian family, so no English influence apart from the first three months he spent there. He was in the filming of a Nike advert a week or two back, with Neymar and Ronaldo, so wondering if he's getting his head turned already. Sad if true

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Are you sure it wasn't December? Link please.

Yeah, source is a trusted guy on twitter. Was at their game.

There’s a photo where you can only just make out Dembele but not worth posting. 

It seems like the under 15 games England are playing are low profile. Played Belgium twice with different teams apparently. 

Edited by Super_Scotlandfan

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Not just that, but he has Ivorian family, so no English influence apart from the first three months he spent there. He was in the filming of a Nike advert a week or two back, with Neymar and Ronaldo, so wondering if he's getting his head turned already. Sad if true

Yeah seems cheeky England even made a move for him. But he was born there, why should they give a shit. 

I guess he might not turn out to be the player we hoped for anyway. We all know the history of our hyped up youth players. 

4 minutes ago, Bino's said:

We often win at these kind of levels

Usually it's as the coaches have brought through the biggest in their age group players rather than better potential technical players

So they can physically overpower the opponent's

That's no longer the case for us. There's definitely been a change in mentality in the last year or so. 

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

I really hope so

But for generations it has been the Ricky sbragia way

I really don't agree with that.

I've been to lots of youth matches and usually our players look smaller than the opposition, particularly against England who really do fill their players with boys with beards. 

4 hours ago, Bino's said:

It's not that hard to fathom really is it

I suppose being an England international could be better for his cv and earning potential, but still you'd like to think growing up in Glasgow would make his ambition to play in the dark blue at Hampden.

Edited by Toepoke

5 hours ago, Bino's said:

We often win at these kind of levels

Usually it's as the coaches have brought through the biggest in their age group players rather than better potential technical players

So they can physically overpower the opponent's

Correct, these results mean literally nothing.