New manager: Who do you want? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New manager: Who do you want?

PASTA Mick

New Manager: Who do you want?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be appointed?

• Alex McLeish
    • Alex Neil
    • Malky MacKay
    • Scot Gemmill
    • Steve Clark
    • Walter Smith
    • Gary Caldwell
    • Derek McInnes
    • Neil Lennon
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Paul Lambert
    • Slaven Bilić
    • Billy Davies
    • David Moyes
    • Gordon Strachan
    • Graham Alexander
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Other

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

Seeing as Cesare Prandelli isn't on the list, I picked Slaven Bilic but my choice would be Alex Neil but reason I didn't vote him is, I don't really see him as a contender.

It doesn’t ask who do you think, it asks who do you want 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Tosh.

Could the same not be said then of every single Scot to manage in England? People such as Fergie, Dalglish and Souness included.

Erm yes but none of those are candidates are in the running for the scotland job. Also, Fergie Dalglish and Souness were at the very top or world football whilst Neil is managing a shite club in the 2nd tier.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Erm yes but none of those are candidates are in the running for the scotland job. Also, Fergie Dalglish and Souness were at the very top or world football whilst Neil is managing a shite club in the 2nd tier.

Oh right so England can go from being seen as the promised land for one manager to the top of the world for another manager eh? Very selective and biased opion in favour of Ferguson, Dalglish and Souness there I would say.

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Oh right so England can go from being seen as the promised land for one manager to the top of the world for another manager eh? Very selective and biased opion in favour of Ferguson, Dalglish and Souness there I would say.

Well done on missing my point you fruitloop

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Well done on missing my point you fruitloop

No need for the insults eh? 

Your original point was accusing Neil of not wanting the job as he thinks he is in the promised land? Do you have any evidence of that at all? And do we presume the same can be said of Moyes, Lambert, Mackay, Clarke, Bilic, Lennon, Stubbs, Davies etc all of whom have managed in England.

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No need for the insults eh? 

Your original point was accusing Neil of not wanting the job as he thinks he is in the promised land? Do you have any evidence of that at all? And do we presume the same can be said of Moyes, Lambert, Mackay, Clarke, Bilic, Lennon, Stubbs, Davies etc all of whom have managed in England.

You can bet your arse everyone of those managers want to manage in England. That’s where the money is and they know it. Didn’t Mackay say he was an EPL manager? The game has changed, managing in England is seen as the pinnacle because of the money available.

this isn’t a court of law, it’s a forum where people post their opinions. I’ve got no evidence because I don’t fecking need it. None of those managers would select Scotland before a job in England. Moyes and lambert have taken six month jobs in England whilst the Scotland job is up for grabs, what does that tell you?

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You can bet your arse everyone of those managers want to manage in England. That’s where the money is and they know it. Didn’t Mackay say he was an EPL manager? The game has changed, managing in England is seen as the pinnacle because of the money available.

this isn’t a court of law, it’s a forum where people post their opinions. I’ve got no evidence because I don’t fecking need it. None of those managers would select Scotland before a job in England. Moyes and lambert have taken six month jobs in England whilst the Scotland job is up for grabs, what does that tell you?

I am not totally disagreeing with you but what are you suggesting? We disqualify everybody from the job who manage in or have managed in England? In that case you are restricting the options probably down to who? You could even rule out McInnes and Clarke as they have both managed in England and probably will again.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I am not totally disagreeing with you but what are you suggesting? We disqualify everybody from the job who manage in or have managed in England? In that case you are restricting the options probably down to who? You could even rule out McInnes and Clarke as they have both managed in England and probably will again.

No I’m not suggesting that at all. I’d cross off anyone currently employed in England and I’d be aware that anyone else like Clarke and MCinnes, assuming they wanted and did well with the job would leave for the right higher paying job in England.

after reading everything over the past few weeks I think the job will end up with McLeish, gemmill, Caldwell or Mackay. My worry is which of these will command the respect of the players and managers

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

No I’m not suggesting that at all. I’d cross off anyone currently employed in England and I’d be aware that anyone else like Clarke and MCinnes, assuming they wanted and did well with the job would leave for the right higher paying job in England.

after reading everything over the past few weeks I think the job will end up with McLeish, gemmill, Caldwell or Mackay. My worry is which of these will command the respect of the players and managers

Quite frankly, I am not overly excited by any of the prospects. That is a depressing state of affairs. 

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Quite frankly, I am not overly excited by any of the prospects. That is a depressing state of affairs. 

I bet many said the same about brown or Roxburgh at the time. 

Nowadays there’s an obsession with having a name or a previous successful manager. Perhaps one of those I mentioned could end up becoming a better international manager than they were a club manager, perhaps gemmill making the step up is the right choice.