Liam Miller - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liam Miller

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

Comes across to me as implying that he somehow deserved it because he was giving it the big one sending pictures to his mates.

Whoever was responsible should get the sack or a boot in the baws. 

I don’t get that from it at all. I take it as they are adding to the tragedy by pointing out how good his life was prior to his illness. Think a few folk are getting worked up about not much. 

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don’t get that from it at all. I take it as they are adding to the tragedy by pointing out how good his life was prior to his illness. Think a few folk are getting worked up about not much. 

Yeah, that’s how I read it, more in an “isn’t cancer a bastard” type way.

His life was going great and he would appear to have everything going for him, but cancer doesn’t care.

I think that was how it was supposed to read, but can see how folk could read it the other way.

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

His life was going great and he would appear to have everything going for him, but cancer doesn’t care.

I think that was how it was supposed to read, but can see how folk could read it the other way.

I think folk just assume that because it's the Record they're being kunts. They generally are. 

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I can see how you could take it either way, but that was my first impression when I saw it.   I think a big part of the problem these days is that - certainly in online, print is probably different - there is very little editorial oversight in the papers.   I suspect that journalists - like everyone else online - just write something, hit publish and then it's up for the whole world to see.   That means no-one's looking at it to say "are you sure that's what you want to say?"   I suspect the tweets are probably automatd as well.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a weird angle on the story, but I don’t get the outrage?

He was living a dream life in the US, then tragically died.

Really sad for his family and those close to him.

This was actually what I thought about it as well to be honest. I expected a lot worse before I seen it after hearing folk complaining about it.

A weird angle though, as you say.

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, Boynze said:

why should they?

liam miller's passing has nothing to do with them and if they insist on no football at the stadium then that's their rules. its about tradition, nothing to do with anyone being a jobsworth.

It’s called common decency and respect to a guy from the area who did well for himself. There’s no good reason not to allow the stadium to be used instead of forcing it to a venue which holds around a third of that stadium.

It is entirely pathetic and very much a jobsworth response.

1 hour ago, Boynze said:

why should they?

liam miller's passing has nothing to do with them and if they insist on no football at the stadium then that's their rules. its about tradition, nothing to do with anyone being a jobsworth.

If enough money crossed their palms they’d have no bother hosting it as as been done in the past. 

8 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It’s called common decency and respect to a guy from the area who did well for himself. There’s no good reason not to allow the stadium to be used instead of forcing it to a venue which holds around a third of that stadium.

It is entirely pathetic and very much a jobsworth response.

Bollox, decency and respect nothing to do with it. There's nothing disrespectful or indecent about it.

If it's about numbers go to the maracana or the camp joy.