Boozers - Mexico v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boozers

Ormond

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Once went for a pint in the highlander, a Scottish pub in Estonia. Worst boozer in the world. My pint was flatter than a witches tit

There were a few folk came in bought a pint and left after a few swigs

The cunt behind the bar had the cheek to wear a kilt aswell 

Worst "Scottish" pub I've ever been in was that awful place the Loch Ness in Bratislava.

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Worst "Scottish" pub I've ever been in was that awful place the Loch Ness in Bratislava.

There's supposed to be a Scottish pub in Sarajevo where they all wear kilts etc according to the woman who was working in my hotel reception

I seen a Celtc supporters club so don't know if they're getting muddled up

26 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There's supposed to be a Scottish pub in Sarajevo where they all wear kilts etc according to the woman who was working in my hotel reception

I seen a Celtc supporters club so don't know if they're getting muddled up

There's two good boozers I go to regularly, one in Indianapolis and the other in Cincinnati which are Scottish pubs. It's like walking into the set of Brigadoon. 

• 1 month later...

My Mexican friends advise their is a strip of bars along a precinct road - called "Calle Genova" in the zona rosa 

He said try boomers bar y grill - or la chelestial 

advantages - very cheap beer - some offer a bucket of 10 for 400 pesos or about $16 pounds 

precinct - no traffic - close to a multitude of takeaways/ restaurants  like KFC  and seven /11 - to get beer to go 

downside - not too fancy - with limited food options - open late 

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, ScotinMexico said:

just been told that The Dog House Pub Mexico City is a great place to go, plenty space compared to the Wallace Whisky Bar.

If anyone needs any local help or info let me know, cheers!

56 minutes ago, ScotinMexico said:

just been told that The Dog House Pub Mexico City is a great place to go, plenty space compared to the Wallace Whisky Bar.

If anyone needs any local help or info let me know, cheers!

yes its a great location for me as i,m staying a few blocks away at the ibis

On 2/8/2018 at 2:15 PM, DoonTheSlope said:
On 2/8/2018 at 9:40 AM, Ormond said:
Photo of Wallace Whisky Bar - México, D.F., Mexico

Oh aye? 

Sorry for the previous duff info, just been told the Wallace holds about 300, it's possible we can have the local pipe band in to play as well, interested?

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

There’s a local pipe band? Brilliant! 😂

There are actually 2 pipe bands in Mexico City and I have a fledgling band in the city of Queretaro, just a couple of pipers and drummers at the minute but a few folk learning the chanter and I have a couple of snare drum students. I'll likely have a wee jam with the boys as we play together regularly!

On 5/2/2018 at 1:46 PM, ScotinMexico said:

I-m also looking for tickets for the game and am waiting for Mexican federation to get back to me, do you want me to see if I can get you 3 as well Hutchy?

one of the other members of the forum  advised me he has 3 spares - - thank for the offer