Avril - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 01/02/2018 at 9:55 PM, macy37 said:

After criticising Scott Brown maybe the Media will ask Craig Levein about these Stats 
Tues Match - Fouls Celtic 9 (2 Bookings) Hearts 21 (3 Bookings)
&
Celtic - Top of the Fair Play League
Hearts - Bottom of the Fair Play League

But don't let the facts get in way of good story

Brown is protected by Scottish referees. The main reason he is rubbish in Europe.  The facts are brown is a thug that couldn't take a 16 year old laddie teaching him a footballing lesson so he took him out. Brilliant that Levein has said what most non-celtic fans have been saying for years

I'm amazed that anyone takes anything Levein says seriously. This was the guy that claimed after 4-6-0 in Prague wasn't a defensive system.

As for young Cochrane, his foul on McGinn in the Edinburgh derby is as cynical and cowardly as I've seen all season. One thing about Broony, he might dish it out but he takes plenty back and just gets on with it 👍

On 01/02/2018 at 7:00 PM, vanderark14 said:

Just read what he said. Not sure about the recent tackle but he has a point, Brown gets away with murder compared to other players.

He was just stating the obvious which has been going on for years

But as it's about the Celtic and Scotland captain you're not allowed to

On 01/02/2018 at 8:00 PM, Pool Q said:

Levein is right that Brown gets away with murder every week (his tackle on Djoum in the same game was probably a red, with even Pat Bonner commenting that Brown might be lucky to still be on the pitch after it, but there you go) I'm not sure I agree with him that the foul on Cochrane is so bad that it is evidence that Brown effectively set out to 'do' him. It was a tough challenge and a foul, probably a booking too if the other way round, but the injury to Cochrane is as a result of Brown landing on him. That doesn't look deliberate to me, and in any case Levein can't be sure that it is. Brown was outplayed by Cochrane at Tynecastle, Levein must have known when selecting Cochrane he was sending him out against a fired up Celtic and Brown. 

He should have been booked for one foul and straight red for another in the same game, yet was still on the park at the end

He knows he gets leniency from the refs and takes advantage of it

13 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm amazed that anyone takes anything Levein says seriously. This was the guy that claimed after 4-6-0 in Prague wasn't a defensive system.

As for young Cochrane, his foul on McGinn in the Edinburgh derby is as cynical and cowardly as I've seen all season. One thing about Broony, he might dish it out but he takes plenty back and just gets on with it 👍

You Tims have got more straw men than a farmers field in spring. 

Can't see anything wrong or untrue in what Levein said. Brown gets away with more than any other player in Scotland.
The more embarrassing comments came from Brendan Rodgers, suggesting Brown wasn't an aggresive player and that a 16 year old shouldn't have been picked for a game like that, then contradicting himself by saying Cochrane managed fine in the last game.

Also a bit hypocritical to claim Levein is bringing the game into disrepute and should look at his own teams record, when only last season, the very same Scott Brown branded a fellow pro a cheat for diving when half of his team mates are guilty of the same thing!

On 2/3/2018 at 12:18 AM, slasher said:

Who's the coward? a 16yr old kid who kicks someone or a seasoned pro that attacks a 16yr old kid... it was disgraceful from Broon, he was just getting his own back on him because that 16yr old kid had him in his pocket for the game at Tynecastle and he knows it damn fine. 

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Who's the coward? a 16yr old kid who kicks someone or a seasoned pro that attacks a 16yr old kid... it was disgraceful from Broon, he was just getting his own back on him because that 16yr old kid had him in his pocket for the game at Tynecastle and he knows it damn fine. 

There was nothing wrong with Brown's challenge on Cochrane, the kid just fell awkwardly. Try reading the rules of the game before posting pish like this.

Levein seems to be doing a fine job of distracting from the fact his team are miles behind Hibs in 5th 👍

5 hours ago, slasher said:

There was nothing wrong with Brown's challenge on Cochrane, the kid just fell awkwardly. Try reading the rules of the game before posting pish like this.

Levein seems to be doing a fine job of distracting from the fact his team are miles behind Hibs in 5th 👍

And just knocked them out the cup

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Levein has played this wonderfully. He's done Brown up like a kipper and brown and his manager know it. 

agreed, as much as I think Levein is an arrogant shite bag, he's not afraid to tell it like it is when it comes to the Old Firm. Brendan and broon didn't know how to handle it because they are not used to being questioned like this by anyone.

18 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Heard a bit of the Clyde 1 phone in last night, it was in absolute meltdown over Levein's comments.

It has been for days. No one is allowed to criticise Celtic except their own fans don't you know? 😀