Avril - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Really?!!

If a player said what he has there would be a full rammy going on.

The tackle he refers to on Tuesday had nothing in it. A perfectly good challenge.

What did the bubbling fool say now?

48 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Really?!!

If a player said what he has there would be a full rammy going on.

The tackle he refers to on Tuesday had nothing in it. A perfectly good challenge.

Craig Levein sounds like Brendan Rodgers talking about Motherwell players.

:ok:

Brown is a thug, and isn’t a stranger to leaving a bit on someone to let them know they’re in a game. He gets away with murder week in week out.

Edited by sbcmfc

Levein is right that Brown gets away with murder every week (his tackle on Djoum in the same game was probably a red, with even Pat Bonner commenting that Brown might be lucky to still be on the pitch after it, but there you go) I'm not sure I agree with him that the foul on Cochrane is so bad that it is evidence that Brown effectively set out to 'do' him. It was a tough challenge and a foul, probably a booking too if the other way round, but the injury to Cochrane is as a result of Brown landing on him. That doesn't look deliberate to me, and in any case Levein can't be sure that it is. Brown was outplayed by Cochrane at Tynecastle, Levein must have known when selecting Cochrane he was sending him out against a fired up Celtic and Brown. 

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Levein is right that Brown gets away with murder every week (his tackle on Djoum in the same game was probably a red, with even Pat Bonner commenting that Brown might be lucky to still be on the pitch after it, but there you go) I'm not sure I agree with him that the foul on Cochrane is so bad that it is evidence that Brown effectively set out to 'do' him. It was a tough challenge and a foul, probably a booking too if the other way round, but the injury to Cochrane is as a result of Brown landing on him. That doesn't look deliberate to me, and in any case Levein can't be sure that it is. Brown was outplayed by Cochrane at Tynecastle, Levein must have known when selecting Cochrane he was sending him out against a fired up Celtic and Brown. 

This. Levein is greetin because he's to blame for not protecting his player. Why didn't he have one of his many thugs sort Brown out? 

Hearts are bottom of the fair play league for a reason. 

After criticising Scott Brown maybe the Media will ask Craig Levein about these Stats 
Tues Match - Fouls Celtic 9 (2 Bookings) Hearts 21 (3 Bookings)
&
Celtic - Top of the Fair Play League
Hearts - Bottom of the Fair Play League

But don't let the facts get in way of good story

40 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The thing about that is, Celtic get away with things every week, while Hearts who are dirty fuckers dont. Im amazed Hamilton arent the worst though.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

After criticising Scott Brown maybe the Media will ask Craig Levein about these Stats 
Tues Match - Fouls Celtic 9 (2 Bookings) Hearts 21 (3 Bookings)
&

But don't let the facts get in way of good story

As Kumnio said, was that not kind of his point?

I’ve not seen the tackle from last night, but Scott Brown could be up for attempted murder but not get booked if it was in the first 60 minutes.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Just below Ryan Jack.

:P

Thankfully his suspensions and injury have curtailed his infamy. 

Hes like the opposite of Scott Brown. He doesn't do anything and still gets sent off. The 50% accuracy rating on his red cards is embarrassing for the refs. 

Levein is totally correct. Scott Brown gets away with murder. Hearts' own disciplinary record is irrelevant to this discussion and is nothing but a straw man being tossed in by dafties. 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thankfully his suspensions and injury have curtailed his infamy. 

Hes like the opposite of Scott Brown. He doesn't do anything and still gets sent off. The 50% accuracy rating on his red cards is embarrassing for the refs. 

I think he was pretty fortunate to get both the ones rescinded.

i forgot Kipre had crocked him.

😬

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

Levein is totally correct. Scott Brown gets away with murder. Hearts' own disciplinary record is irrelevant to this discussion and is nothing but a straw man being tossed in by dafties. 

If this is actually the case rather than what’s perceived by “dafties” surely the focus needs to be on the incompetence of the officials no?

Talking of which I’m sure Avril will be hit with a disrepute charge?

33 minutes ago, macy37 said:

If this is actually the case rather than what’s perceived by “dafties” surely the focus needs to be on the incompetence of the officials no?

Talking of which I’m sure Avril will be hit with a disrepute charge?

That's what Levein was focussing on, the officials failure to punish Scott Brown. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's what Levein was focussing on, the officials failure to punish Scott Brown. 

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

When there’s nothing to justify punishment....Levein is just crying wolf when the answer is on the mirror.

I kind of see your point, that by all accounts it wasn’t that bad a challenge, so he has maybe picked the wrong battle.

More generally though, he has a point. Surely even Celtic fans acknowledge Brown gets a couple of freebies pretty regularly.