Football Films.. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Football Films..

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Aye

You know what is ironic DTS. When I joined this mb years ago, there were many folk like yourself making comments and trying to take the pish. Back then it bothered me..Now its laughable..I was offered a ticket to a Scotland match via message by a Tamb member..I jumped on a plane and flew to Glasgow..Not knowing if it was legit or no. I walked straight into the Iron Horse and introduced myself. Folk were shocked that I had actually flown over. Long story short. I met so many great people, some on the TAMB I thought were arseholes, who turned out genuine great folk who were happy to meet me and welcomed me into the TA. I had a fantastic time. I have since been over for 5 Scotland matches. Always great craic. Do not always judge someone by what you read on a message board m8. If we ever met I would happily buy you a pint and have a bit of craic. Dont know about Larky though, think he honestly no like me. 😅😅 That is who I am..That is why I am a legend... Cheers pal..

10 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You know what is ironic DTS. When I joined this mb years ago, there were many folk like yourself making comments and trying to take the pish. Back then it bothered me..Now its laughable..I was offered a ticket to a Scotland match via message by a Tamb member..I jumped on a plane and flew to Glasgow..Not knowing if it was legit or no. I walked straight into the Iron Horse and introduced myself. Folk were shocked that I had actually flown over. Long story short. I met so many great people, some on the TAMB I thought were arseholes, who turned out genuine great folk who were happy to meet me and welcomed me into the TA. I had a fantastic time. I have since been over for 5 Scotland matches. Always great craic. Do not always judge someone by what you read on a message board m8. If we ever met I would happily buy you a pint and have a bit of craic. Dont know about Larky though, think he honestly no like me. 😅😅 That is who I am..That is why I am a legend... Cheers pal..

You do realise part of what makes forums a good laugh is the banter, pish taking and tongue n cheek rapier wit?

Either way, cool story bro! 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You do realise part of what makes forums a good laugh is the banter, pish taking and tongue n cheek rapier wit?

Either way, cool story bro! 👍🏻

Yes mate..I know all too well about banter..I have had too many drunken posts that have come back to bite me in the arse. Self inflicted.😁😁

Cheers big man..

14 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Watched damned united recently on dvd and from previous viewing ; years back ; seems to be missing scenes

clough ordering revies desk to be burned 

clough at 5 a sides getting chopped but then losing his watch om pitch

Clough meeting duncan mckenzie at his hotel

or am i losing it

Been years for me too, but I'm pretty sure I remember him getting chopped in the 5-a-side and the meeting with Duncan McKenzie (as an aside, remember him clearing a Mini from a standing jump - or am I making that up?).

Agree with Toepoke that the book was better, but that's always the case.

On 31/01/2018 at 2:12 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

not your pal hen. What is a bell end?

On 31/01/2018 at 2:18 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I just did.. I saw a fuckin Legend..🖕

The bell end is at the top of the leg end :D

On 1/31/2018 at 2:37 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

More on the pity/bewilderment spectrum than dislike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1 February 2018 at 1:13 AM, DonnyTJS said:

Been years for me too, but I'm pretty sure I remember him getting chopped in the 5-a-side and the meeting with Duncan McKenzie (as an aside, remember him clearing a Mini from a standing jump - or am I making that up?).

Agree with Toepoke that the book was better, but that's always the case.

Some pictures at the end of this piece of him doing the mini jump and also throwing a golf ball the length of the pitch.   Always though McKenzie was a great player back in the day.  

33 minutes ago, aaid said:

Some pictures at the end of this piece of him doing the mini jump and also throwing a golf ball the length of the pitch.   Always though McKenzie was a great player back in the day.  

Thanks, really enjoyed that, despite detesting the team at the time. When Bremner came to Rovers he promised to entice big stars to the club... brought us Mick Bates and Terry Cooper (who'd never recovered from his leg break). Stirred things up a bit for a while though; the bloke had passion.